+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Crisis (NBC)

Crisis (NBC)

About the Show

To bring the most powerful people in the world to their knees... threaten what they hold most dear.

It's field trip day for the students of Ballard High, a school that educates the children of Washington, D.C.'s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players, even the President's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis.

Now, with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return? With so many parents and dignitaries put into play with nowhere to turn and no one to trust, the unthinkable grows from the select families at risk to an entire nation at stake.

"Crisis" stars Gillian Anderson ("The X-Files"), Dermot Mulroney ("August: Osage County"), Lance Gross ("House of Payne"), Rachael Taylor ("666 Park Avenue"), James Lafferty ("One Tree Hill"), Max Martini ("Pacific Rim"), Halston Sage ("Neighbors"), Stevie Lynn Jones ("Runaways"), Max Schneider ("How to Rock"), Michael Beach ("Insidious: Chapter 2") and Joshua Erenberg ("Suburgatory").
    About Crisis & Cast Bios | NBC

Did anyone else catch the pilot of this one? I saw it OnDemand and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of familiar faces and some good newbies. I always liked James Lafferty on One Tree Hill. Nice to see him on this. Plus, the fabulous Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney.

I don't know how it will unfold, but I'm going to keep watching to find out.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Crisis (NBC)

This is looking like it will be good. Happy to see new shows like this, Resurrection and Believe now that I've decided to let Emily continue on her endless, convoluted Revenge without me.
    Daisy444777 likes this.

I recorded it and will watch later. It looked interesting to me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

All I know is I loves me some Lance Gross...chocolatey goodness, YUM!!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

my not so good review...

i spoiled my review of the show because i dont want to discourage anyone if they havent watched yet and want people to form their own opinion and not look for what i described

read at your own risk

Click to see Spoiler:

maybe its just me but after watching this show i realized all it is ...is an adapted version of the SAW movies

they just substituted the horror element with a storyline about some covert govt operation but kept the same basic plot of "what would you..." in this shows case "what would you do to save your children..how far would you go?"

SAW was "what would you do to live..." would you saw off your foot, would you cut out your eye to get the key to free yourself" etc

i mean they even come at the end with the scrambled phone voice with verbage jigsaw would use...smh

the show i think had alot of bad acting... the only time i thought it was interesting was when the finger incident happened and then just after that there was a wtf moment... i'm still trying to figure out the actual purpose of this operation

the lil teenage b-side story is bad too...these kids are about as bad of actors and on par with the under the dome kids, and that is bad

anyways, thats my honest opinion...maybe the rest of you can enjoy it but i'm out!

I have not watched it yet. I don't know if I will because I'm really tired of the kidnapping of the President and/or his family members. What the programming executives still don't seem to realize is that too much of any kind of story all at the same time or one right after another doesn't work at getting my attention and holding my my interest. The shows that I stay around for are those that have at least something different or interesting or unique or new about them to go along with writing and cast.

It's nothing new and has been going on for decades. We had the era of westerns, of private eyes, of legal and medical shows. Now we have this kind and the fairy tale shows, ad infinitum. Memo to tv execs: stop copying each other. Take a chance on something original. The shows that do that and are well written and well cast are successful and maintain loyal audiences.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yeah, I would like something new too, but I will at least watch the pilot all the way through and see what I think. Even The Mentalist has gone way down hill. I'm about to give up on it.

Why do the networks seem to be so short on creativity? Breaking Bad was very creative, different, intense and unpredictable, but since then, there aren't many like it. Even Homeland on HBO went downhill. Where are all the great tv producers? Vince Gilligan can't be the only one out there.

Really, there aren't many new ideas in TV. It's all about the cast and the writing for me. I like the cast on this one, so I'll keep watching.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The presidents son is involved but he just happens to be there. It's not really about that at all
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The presidents son is involved but he just happens to be there. It's not really about that at all
    Then why include him as a character at all? Chances are that will play into it at some point. I realize that it's not really fair for me to criticize since I haven't yet watched it, but that premise is what's kept me from watching. Most likely I will take a look because I try to give almost all scripted shows a chance, but I can't say I'm in a hurry.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast