+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Resurrection

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Resurrection

I think . . . . maybe . . . . it might have looked like a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches only because she cut the crusts off in four separate pieces (as memory serves). There might have been two sandwiches worth in there and she was adding the third. As someone with lactose issues, that's more than enough, but to a growing boy, it's probably a dream come true!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aha!!!! An encore showing tonight!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right. But, I wonder about when he didn't have a heartbeat. So strange.
    No clue there - although I thought they shot that scene well. She was listening to his heartbeat with the closed side of her stethoscope. Most stethoscopes have 2 parts to the chest piece (that goes on your skin): the larger diaphragm and the cup-shaped bell. You turn the piece to listen from one side or the other. That's why you see nurses and doctors tap the diaphragm once before they listen, to make sure the right side is open. So that's why you saw her turn the chest piece when she didn't hear a heartbeat. Really nicely done! (I'm a nurse )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After watching the premier again, I need more information before I start postulating.

I did not think the boy had voracious appetite, like I would have expected, when he was eating the burger and fries. He looked like he was going at normal speed, to me. It did look like he was pigging out on the grilled cheese sandwiches, though. I froze the screen, and there looked to be at least 5 sandwiches, minus the crusts, consumed. I counted several times.

Looking forward to tonight, since Maggie's friend's dead daddy is now back, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

when i watch pilots the sound system is cranked up or if i watch later i'll have headphones on so i dont miss any dialogue...

the stethoscope scene was just to mess with you...the boy had a heartbeat it was just that the stethoscope was messed up... details are in the audio there is no ambient sound at all and when she tapped it then you heard the ambient room sound and then when she went to his chest you could hear the heartbeat. listen with some headphones and you'll see what im talking about

as far as the boy eating/appetite that is an important clue the writers are trying to stress if you go back to when the boy was picked up he wasnt responding or talking really...as soon as food was mentioned all of a sudden his selective hearing cleared up. and from my pov he was tearing that burger/fries up. then they made the point of the grill cheese and showed the crusts in the trash and the mom mentioning his appetite

i guess we will have to see what ole girls "dad" appetite is like to be able to read into this further

i'll give the 2nd episode a watch, but this isnt really my type of show

people returning reminded me of the 4400 which was a show i liked to watch but it really went nowhere towards the end

one thing i dont like about the show is this m night shamalyan vibe (you know the slow moving people with the dumb looks) if yall understand what im talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    when i watch pilots the sound system is cranked up or if i watch later i'll have headphones on so i dont miss any dialogue...

the stethoscope scene was just to mess with you...the boy had a heartbeat it was just that the stethoscope was messed up... details are in the audio there is no ambient sound at all and when she tapped it then you heard the ambient room sound and then when she went to his chest you could hear the heartbeat. listen with some headphones and you'll see what im talking about

as far as the boy eating/appetite that is an important clue the writers are trying to stress if you go back to when the boy was picked up he wasnt responding or talking really...as soon as food was mentioned all of a sudden his selective hearing cleared up. and from my pov he was tearing that burger/fries up. then they made the point of the grill cheese and showed the crusts in the trash and the mom mentioning his appetite

i guess we will have to see what ole girls "dad" appetite is like to be able to read into this further

i'll give the 2nd episode a watch, but this isnt really my type of show

people returning reminded me of the 4400 which was a show i liked to watch but it really went nowhere towards the end

one thing i dont like about the show is this m night shamalyan vibe (you know the slow moving people with the dumb looks) if yall understand what im talking about

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH! You mentioned the name that is the "kiss of death" of any project.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched the show again very carefully. I don't have anything different from what has already been discussed. The stethoscope scene has been explained by people here with medical expertise, so I think that is sufficient.

Then there is the boy keeping the same clothing on. I wonder how long that will last.

The previews looked very exciting. I wonder how long before many of the resurrected return.

The clothing thing bugged me too. Not only was he found in those clothes, but they were sopping wet & dirty too. I noticed them in every scene. The first thing I would have done is picked up a few new shirts & jeans. It would only take a few minutes. You wouldn't even have to have the boy with you.
    What happened in the first episode clearly took place over a number of days. They had plenty of time.

Out of all the completely impossible & wild things that happened in that episode, all I can dwell on is that darned red shirt.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

The clothing issue is bound to be significant, as they made sure to dress him in that bright red shirt that we can't fail to notice in every scene.

I've looked for spoilers and can't find a thing.

+ Reply to Thread