+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Resurrection

Re: Resurrection

But then he had one and it was very rapid yet the doctor declared him fine?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right. Didn't that happen in the movie The Sixth Sense?

What if everyone in that town is dead, but the boy and the guy who brought him there? But, I wonder about when he didn't have a heartbeat. So strange.
    Yes. The kid in the movie said, "I see dead people." I was being facetious, but who knows. I definitely have more questions than answers about this show, and it's fun to speculate. Maybe the doctor didn't hear a heartbeat because she's dead! But that wouldn't explain why she did hear one after she tapped the stethoscope. I wish I had DVR'd it because it looked to me for a second that the part of the stethoscope that she held to his chest - after she tapped it - wasn't connected to the wires or the part that goes in the ears. Maybe someone can check that. Anyway, if everyone is dead, it would explain why no one changed that kids' clothes. I wondered about that, too. It was as if no one even thought about changing his clothes, and he was wearing the same thing for many days, including when he was found in China. Surely his clothes would have been filthy -- he was lying in that wet field, fainted in the dirt, etc. I want an explanation NOW!!

Oh, and something else. When Jacob was in China there appeared to be a bruise on his neck. I thought that someone might have strangled him, but later there isn't a bruise and the doctor doesn't find one. Maybe it was dirt.

And wouldn't they have given him a medical exam in China? He couldn't talk, so how did they know he was American? Just by the US team on his t-shirt? That sure isn't a very good way to decide where to fly a child. And if he was examined in China, did they hear a heartbeat?

It seems his abilities are coming slowly. At first he couldn't speak, then he could. Then he didn't have a heartbeat, but then he did.

I did think that he caught on so fast to the new phone was not realistic. Certainly it would have taken him awhile to adjust to the phone since he would have never seen one before.

Oh, another thing. In the end, it was sleeting all around, except it wasn't landing on the people! Why?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, and something else. When Jacob was in China there appeared to be a bruise on his neck. I thought that someone might have strangled him, but later there isn't a bruise and the doctor doesn't find one. Maybe it was dirt.

And wouldn't they have given him a medical exam in China? He couldn't talk, so how did they know he was American? Just by the US team on his t-shirt? That sure isn't a very good way to decide where to fly a child. And if he was examined in China, did they hear a heartbeat?

It seems his abilities are coming slowly. At first he couldn't speak, then he could. Then he didn't have a heartbeat, but then he did.

I did think that he caught on so fast to the new phone was not realistic. Certainly it would have taken him awhile to adjust to the phone since he would have never seen one before.

Oh, another thing. In the end, it was sleeting all around, except it wasn't landing on the people! Why?
    They're DEAD!!! That's my theory this week (because I can't think of anything else except that they're in alternate universes, and that might be a bit much for a network TV show) ... next week I'll probably change my mind. I also thought the same thing about the phone.

What do you mean by alternate universes?

FORT Fogey

What do you mean by alternate universes?
    It's the idea that there are "parallel universes" that branch off from ours, ours being the one that we know and are apparently all living in. But in these alternate or parallel universes, although they resemble ours, many outcomes are different. "In 1954, a young Princeton University doctoral candidate named Hugh Everett III came up with a radical idea: That there exist parallel universes, exactly like our *universe. These universes are all related to ours; indeed, they branch off from ours, and our universe is branched off of others. Within these parallel universes, our wars have had different outcomes than the ones we know. Species that are extinct in our universe have evolved and adapted in others. In other universes, we humans may have become extinct.

This thought boggles the mind and yet, it is still comprehensible. Notions of parallel universes or dimensions that resemble our own have appeared in works of science fiction and have been used as explanations for metaphysics."
    HowStuffWorks "Do parallel universes really exist?"

You can also check "parallel universe" in Wikipedia.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I loved this show! It's so intriguing. I have no idea what is going on, but it's great! What is causing the Resurrections? Will the bodies be in the tomb? Please tell me where I know the actress who plays Jacob's mother from. His dad is from That 70's Show, right?
    I guess it depends how far your memory goes back. The actress' name is Frances Fisher and her IMDB page goes all the way back to 1980 when she was on the soap opera The Edge of Night. Other long-running notables: Strange Luck, Becker, Glory Days, Lyon's Den, Eureka and The Shield.

Frances Fisher - IMDb

Did you notice how no one ever changed Jacob's shirt? Even in the hospital, he had that shirt on. Is that a clue?

I thought the same thing, especially when his mom took him to church. We saw - very briefly - that it appeared she had save some of his toys (right before he had a seizure on the front porch). Might make sense that she saved some of his clothes as well. I'm guessing he was an only child. It would even make sense that she kept his room as it was when he "died" although we never saw where he slept.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The EDGE OF NIGHT! I remember that as a child. It was my grandmother's favorite soap. Fond memories. Maybe that's why I like her so much. She sort of resembles my aunt too.

Ref. another universe. You may check out the movie entitled Another Earth. It's a wonderful movie IMO, about a girl who is trying to forgive herself for accidently killing a mother and her child, when she forms a relationship with the husband and father of the dead wife and child. Then she wins a trip to EARTH #2, which is recently discovered. It looks like earth and has all the same people as earth does. So each person has a twin on that earth! I won't spoil the ending, but I highly recommend it.

I'm not positive about the stethoscope, but I'm pretty sure she was using the smaller side which is often used for children. They have to be turned around for the sound to work, and it looked like she forgot to do that at first. Kind of like she psyched herself out a bit.
    inthegarden and ilja like this.

FORT Regular

the other weird thing was all the grilled cheese crusts maybe? in the garbage can and he keeps having her make more...anyway great show!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread