+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Poker Shows (WPT, WSOP, etc.)

Re: Poker Shows (WPT, WSOP, etc.)

Annie Duke and Annette Oberstad both won WSOP titles and Jennifer Harmon won a WPT title. There might be others, but these are the ones I found at this site.

World Poker Tour Winners | Rankings - Who Has The Most WPT Titles
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: World Poker Tour / World Series of Poker

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've watched most seasons and I really like Mike Sexton as a commentator. He is personable, has a great voice, and bring a lot of knowledge with him. I've watched him play on several shows.

I also like Negranu very much. He makes watching poker fun. While I appreciate that Phil Helmuth is very good, I can't stand watching him or Mike Matasow, who admittedly is a little better than he used to be.

Another one I like is Andy Bloch who was part of the team from MIT that beat the house in Vegas by card counting. The movie, 21, with Kevin Spacey as the teacher who ran the group was based on their story.
    Sexton's a great commentator, yes. And he's honest. If he disagrees with a move someone makes, he voices it. "I don't like this call here." "This raise puzzles me", etc.

I've seen poker shows where the commentator was like a robot. "He raises, he calls, he folds, etc." Like, stuff we can see for ourselves. it's almost pointless. Sexton and Vince however, fill in most time between moves with talk and make it work. It's also good to let the viewers know what outs the players have: "He has a straight draw, he needs a 10", "he needs to avoid a K or else he's out", etc. WPT's my favorite of the poker shows.
    Florimel likes this.

Re: Poker Shows (WPT, WSOP, etc.)

The one commentator I really don't like is Norman Chad. I'm not interested in hearing about his multiple ex-wives and he doesn't give me a whole lot of information about the poker hands except to say how inept he'd be at playing them. He's supposed to be comical; I just find him tedious.
    JohnnyK and Sheepeater like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12