+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bitten on Syfy

Re: Bitten on Syfy

Episode 8 Prisoner - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 3, 2014 on Syfy

I have read all the Otherworld books and Clay Danvers character is always very self confident and extremely loyal to Jeremy .... I don't like this self loathing, self doubting they have him doing in this show. He was the Pack Enforcer not the Pack Torturer. This must be one of those places the series parts ways with novel with the torture scenes. While you do learn about Clays background rather early in the series versus the book, the heart felt talk between Clay and Noah Danby as Zachary Cain are touching and heartfelt and makes his death seem even more dreadful. You really didn't see that in the novel they were just the bad guys that needed killing. I don't know if it really was needed.

What I do like about this episode is that they are showing how strong Elena is and how in control of the situation.

Not liking that someone in the background is setting up Elena and Logan and implying that they maybe lovers.

I wonder if we will ever see the character of Amber, Zachary's girlfriend again? If she had ever been turned into a werewolf she came across that she would be a bit psycho and need to be put down.

Well it will be interesting to see where this goes in the remaining 5 episodes of the 13 episode run of season 1.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Episode 9 Vengeance - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 10, 2014 on Syfy

Several layers here:

Zachary Cain's girlfriend goals Thomas Leblanc into attacked Elena as revenge for Elena breaking Leblanc's wrist and Clay killing Zachary.

Nick gets a bit of revenge for his dad against the hired ex Pack Enforcer.

Jeremy get to see Nick take vengeance on the hired ex Park Enforcer who had hurt his friend Antonio and gets back against Daniel Santos.

Leblanc gets back at Zachary's girlfriend.

Then there is the silver rattle which belongs to another revenge seeker.

Episode 10 Descent - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 17, 2014 on Syfy

Elena returns to Toronto for her art show accompanied by Clay, who keeps a protective watch over her while camping out on Philip's couch. The tension is fun and awkward. In fact Philip's sister keeps trying to hit on Clay while Clay is trying to play unobtrusive bodyguard. Talk about awkward when Philip's sister is mega sending out all these "hey available female signals" and Clay is totally oblivious.

Meanwhile Joey Stillwell, he's the son of the mutt whose eyes where left to Elena by Daniel Santos, escapes the Mutt's however Jeremy doesn't believe it was that simply.

The build up in the episode is not that bad with Elena's confrontation with her childhood abuser, Victor Olsen, happening in the last 14 minutes of the show. Philip actually quiet gallantly defends her by beating up on Victor.

Jeremy, Nick and Joey, manage to backtrack to where he was held hostage and find evidence that Elena and Logan have been under observation for months and it looks as if the target is Elena.

Something is happening and I watched episode 10 and 11 back to back so it makes more sense there is more tension you finally feel excitement and anticipation in what is to come.

To be continued ...
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-11-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Episode 11 - Settling - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 24, 2014 on SyFy

At this point there is so much tension between Elena, Philip and Clay. Philip is jealous and not trusting of Elena, he leaves the condo. Later Philip talks to his sister at the art gallery and then returns to the condo to the final confrontation.

Meanwhile, Logan is trying to get Rachel out of town.

Jeremy and Nick try to leave Stone Haven to go to Toronto to protect Elena unfortunately the sheriff shows up stating the FBI are here to find track down the actual kill site or dumping site of the one body.

You can see that all are being manipulated, all are being played. The problem is that Philip and Rachel truly do not understand the danger. Both Elena and Logan imply that the family is "Family" and dangerous.

Victor Olsen and Daniel Santos break into Philip's condo and start a fight with Clay. Victor stabs and slashes Philip with a knife.

Marsten and LaBlanc break into Logan's house. Telling Rachel to hide Logan ambushes both Marsten and LaBlanc and tries to garrot both. Unfortunately the dumb girlfriend comes downstairs and he stops. Duh. But LaBlanc has stabbed Logan. Logan tells Rachel to get him to Stone Haven.
    enters into damage-control mode with Philip, who has become painfully aware of her romantic history with Clay; and later, breaks Pack law when the Mutts launch a coordinated attack in Toronto and threaten the human she loves.

In the meanwhile Victor corners Philip in his bedroom and starts to attach him. Elena in her wolf form comes out and bites off 2 of Victor's fingers and then sorta changes in front of Philip. I guess Philip gets it now. She tells him she loves him and kisses him goodbye. While this is all happening Santos injects Clay with a drug and Victor and Daniel drag off Clay.

The client behind the ad campaign is the mastermind behind this. I think I know who it is but while spoil it.

Overall watching both episodes you can see the pacing has improved and the show from blah I might as well finish the season to wow this is fun and exciting.

Episode 12 - Caged - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 31, 2014 on SyFy

Daniel Santos has fun torturing Clay especially with a pair of jumper cables. He loves putting them down Clay's pants.

Marsten confesses to Clay he chose the wrong side. Clay suggests he change sides.

Who the heck is James Williams the guy who asked Philip to do the add campaign. The Guy behind the video. The Guy who sponsored Elana's art show. I think he is Jeremy's thought to be dead dad but that is just my humble opinion. But if that is true why did Santos (or was it someone else) have Malcom's (Jeremy's dad) ring?

Daniel wants Elana so he can create a new generation and new line of werewolves where both parents are werewolves not just the dad.

Elena tortures Victor in Philips bathtub ... and leaves him to bleed out.

Jeremy cages Elena so she can't meet with Santos ... Logan lets her out ... and she meets with him and learns the terms of Clays freedom ... I don't think she wants to be Daniels bitch.

Elena rescues Clayton ... that was fun.

This is the part I had a major problem with ... major departure in from the book ... like they haven't already done that ... Jeremy tells Elena that he was going to kill her when she first came to Stone Haven and Clay saved her by biting her. Now Elena does a total 180 and is back with Clay. Why did they have to mess with the basic story line like that? It's not as if Clay and Elena don't become a couple.

Kinda messy but basically setting up for the finale.

Initial reaction to the end of the season finale:

Philip's head in Elena's bed. Really. Was that necessary?

Ready
    Episode 13 - Ready - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 07, 2014 on SyFy

Well, Elena has forgiven Clay and is now "with" him. The gang preps for an all out battle. In the meanwhile I forgot about the Rachel and Logan. Logan got stabbed by Lablanc when Marsten and LaBlanc tried to ambush Logan in his townhouse in Toronto. Logan had Rachel drive him down to Stone Haven so Jeremy could stitch him up. Then Logan leaves taking Rachel with him and with the idea of flying off to Jamaica. This after they left all their stuff back in Toronto. (all this is over a 3 episode period) Then it switches to a scene of Rachel and Logan in a cheap hotel. He leaves supposedly to get some food but really drives back to Stone Haven to help the gang in the Mutt War without telling Rachel. Rachel decides to leave the hotel room to get snacks ... leaves a note ... don't know how she is going to pay for anything as she has no purse or whatever. Just seems a dumb thing to do.

Meanwhile the gang is using the GPS tracker on Elena's phone (she hid it in Santos's car). They all run out waiting for the attack. Nothing. Then you see Rachel all duck taped stumble out of the woods with Elena's phone stuck on her. Logan of course runs to her. Trap maybe. A wolf runs out to attack Logan and Jeremy picks up an axe and hits it in the head.

The fight then erupts throughout the house. Some of the fight scenes seem very drawn out. There is one in the bathtub and it is so dark it's hard to see who is who. Fight, blood spurting, fight, neck breaking, fight, more blood spurting. Lablanc attacks Elena and Marsten helps her kill him. In the mean while Daniel Santos and the mysterious James Williams appear and enter the house through a secret passage. At this point everyone knows that Daniel Santos is a cowardly weasel and not a fit Alpha. The duo splits up and Santos finds Marsten in the living room waiting judgement from the Pack now that all the other Mutts are dead. Jeremy, Elena and Clay all show up and confront the two. Jeremy ends up admitting Marsten into the Pack and Elena rips out Santos's heart.

Then there is the aftermath and cleanup.

Jeremy is hauling away Santo's body when James Williams appears. Guess what. It is actually Malcom Danvers, Jeremey's dad and the previous Alpha. Lots of hate in the air. Basically, Malcom wants to kill Jeremy but he also wants Elena to build a dynasty of new werewolves. Wow, talk about a departure from the book. Why doesn't he just start biting ladies until he gets one that survives. They never do say what happened to Zachary Kane's semi transformed girlfriend. Loose threads folks. In the meanwhile Logan and Nick are trying to find Rachel as it appears she ran off into the woods. Logan and Nick part ways and next you see is Malcom in his limo, another transformed psycho and a captured Rachel in the back seat. The last scene is Elena in her room putting the ring Clay gave her back on her finger and she sees something on her bed. Yeap, it is Philips head. Well we now know what Malcom had in the bag and why he went upstairs. What was the point? To terrorize Elena? All it did would be to make her hate on Malcom and want him dead.

In the book, Malcom was a mean bully, more street smart than having the ability to be sophisticated and debonair as they are portraying him in the series. Well they said they were going to have a major departure from the book and they did it.

Departures from the book:

Well, Logan lived.

Logan never had a girlfriend.

Logan's non girlfriend is not pregnant.

Antonio (Nick's father) is still alive and well.

Jeremy never confesses to Elena that Clayton bit her to safe her from Jeremy killing her. Clayton bit her so she would become his mate.

Daniel Santos is killed by Thomas LaBlanc not Elena.

Zachary Cain never had a girlfriend and no she was never bitten and turned into what?

Malcom Danvers does not appear in the book Bitten which this series is based on.

Elena is never the main objective to any of these plots it is all about territory and who is in power.

Elena is a journalist/magazine writer not a photographer.

Philip was an architect.

Philip and his family are a real presence in the TV series; they were total none entities in the book.

They never said what happened to the partially transformed girlfriend of Zachary Cain? OMG -- who goes to the trouble of creating that whole subplot and then leaves the character hanging in between human and lupine form-- and foaming at the mouth???

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    They never said what happened to the partially transformed girlfriend of Zachary Cain? OMG -- who goes to the trouble of creating that whole subplot and then leaves the character hanging in between human and lupine form-- and foaming at the mouth???
    I know either she died or lived or actually completed the change or got stuck either as a wolf or in half form. I wonder if they are leaving it for next season if they get picked up? I would have been OK with she ran off, I can't imagine they let her live. Well, I can't imagine Santos or Marsten letting her live. Victor on the other hand couldn't care less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast