+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1

Thread: COSMOS: A SpaceTime odyssey (FOX Premiers Sun March 9/NatGeo Premiers Mon March 10)

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

COSMOS: A SpaceTime odyssey (FOX Premiers Sun March 9/NatGeo Premiers Mon March 10)

COSMOS: A Spacetime odyssey

Hosted by astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, this show is being billed as 14 billion years in 13 episodes. I hope it follows in the footsteps of the series Cosmos, A Personal Voyage created by Carl Sagan for PBS in 1980. Here is the wiki-link if you want to discover that show Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia According to wiki, the FOX/Nat Geo presentation is a follow-up to the original Cosmos with Sagan.

Personal Note: I loved the Carl Sagan series and am really looking forward to this one. FOX - really?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: COSMOS: A SpaceTime odyssey (FOX Premiers Sun March 9/NatGeo Premiers Mon March 1

We will be taping this one. My son (14) is really interested in it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Re: COSMOS: A SpaceTime odyssey (FOX Premiers Sun March 9/NatGeo Premiers Mon March 1

I, too, loved the Carl Sagan series. I hope only that Fox can manage to live up to the quality a show like this deserves. I always have my doubts when it comes to FOX.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Well it looks like they are co-producing with National Geographic, plus they have the new go-to astrophysicist as narrator. I think it will be more than all right. I just couldn't believe FOX is involved.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Seth MacFarlane is an executive producer
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Neil deGrasse Tyson I'll definitely be tuning in.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

By the way, another FABULOUS series is the Science Channel's "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman." They are up to season 4 or 5 by now, but they are rerunning the episodes frequently, and they are definitely worth watching, if you're interested in hearing the very latest theories and science about the cosmos.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread