+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

Yeah, sorry Debb for not being more specific about the bar.

Jaceegirl, nice to see ya here. Miss you in the Voice threads too!

I missed a lot of the show last night but will watch again. Sometimes this show has so much going on it's too much to follow and the intricacies of who's who and who's doing what.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I recorded but haven't had time to watch yet. I'll return.

Thanks JunkieGirl - I'm always behind in The Voice thread and when I do comment people are usually on to the next one. Believe me I'm still watching and enjoying the show.

Back to Chicago PD I did watch this show and thought this was a good episode. I wasn't sure what Det. Antonio Dawson was going to do, but did like the ending when he told the superior whose name I can't remember why he was sticking with Voight. She is clearly after Voight or anyone who gets in her way of climbing the ladder. Was glad Voight dropped his son off at the recruitment office. I guess technically even if he was set up he should have gone to jail, but all of these people do give up a lot out of their lives to bring down the true criminals. They are like family and at times may cross the line to protect their own. I'm sure this goes on in the real world as well.

If I understood the episode correctly I guess Voight does do things that would make him a dirty cop, but only against real criminals. His main focus is still on helping good people.

Not sure if I explained that correctly, but curious what others thought of the episode or Voight in general.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

My jaw dropped when I saw that Voight dropped his son off at the recruitment office. It probably was for the best for that kid. Did they previously say what happened to Voight's wife b/c he mentioned to his son something to the effect that 'after all we went through with your mother '? I don't recall hearing about it. Loved how Dawson stuck it to the female superior at the end. He'd had a poker face throughout the episode and I was not sure what he was going to do.

Voight's son has 9 lives doesn't he LOL What a mess that guy is. I am glad he's off the show though. I thought that storyline was stupid.

I don't know what happened with Voight's wife either. I don't think they've brought that up yet. I agree with the Dawson part. I thought he was actually gunning for Voight as he's been suspicious about him all season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't remember anything about the wife either. That doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned because at times I watch so many shows back to back that I do forget things. I agree that Voight dropping the son off at the recruitment office was the best thing for him. He should come out a better person. Going to jail would have kept him on the same criminal path and I'm not sorry to see him go either.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or he can go into the military and become a crook there....one of those people selling Army supplies on the black market.... Being in the military doesn't "fix" everyone... At least he won't have to deal with his daddy issues directly...just with his surrogates in his superiors, who maybe will shake him up. He's a really unlikeable character. I guess that's good acting...

Is anyone still watching this show? I am and I think it's getting better. The main problem I have is I can't figure out what it is that Voight is under the gun about. THey have now removed the female Internal Affairs officer and replaced her with a guy. Now he's all over Voight's butt. What he is supposed to do seems to change weekly. I can't figure it out. I wish they would explain it more.

I'm still watching, I like it. It has already been renewed for a 2nd season.

I'm still watching. It's ok for me. I'd prefer it with Voight gone though. Something about him makes me lose interest really fast lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast