+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

Re: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    My take is that Voight was definitely introduced a a dirty cop during Chicago Fire. Then they decided to do the spin off, so they had to make him good, but it's not like he can be dirty on one show and clean on the other. So, he did a little time in jail, cut that deal with the IA and is now pretending to be a dirty cop in order to bring down big name baddies for the IA. He is not doing that though. He is happy being a good cop and not really liking pretending to still be bad, which goes hand in hand with his new position as the leader of whatever his unit is called.

Yes - that is the sleazy son alright. He's still sleazy too.
    Thanks. I'm just starting to understand about his character what you nicely clarified for me. It's not easy for the writers to turn a stark villain into a sympathetic character, but I think he's turning that corner for me. I like the show but have yet to warm up to the female lead.
    mesachick likes this.

Did you see that they are bringing this show and Law and Order, SVU together next time? IT looks like it might be good.

What is the deal with the woman the Lt. took the evelope to at her apt. She said she would take care of it, then went inside and talked to a guy. He said he would wait a few minutes and then leave. What's that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you see that they are bringing this show and Law and Order, SVU together next time? IT looks like it might be good.

What is the deal with the woman the Lt. took the evelope to at her apt. She said she would take care of it, then went inside and talked to a guy. He said he would wait a few minutes and then leave. What's that about?
    Those two are partners, they have been warned by the boss about developing any kind of an away from the job relationship. So the guy decided to wait a while before he left just in case the apartment was being watched by the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Those two are partners, they have been warned by the boss about developing any kind of an away from the job relationship. So the guy decided to wait a while before he left just in case the apartment was being watched by the boss.
    I like this show and hope it makes it. I started watching Jesse Lee Soffer (who plays Jay Halstead on this show) on the soap ATWT and have always liked him. He has appeared in several other things since then, but his last show "Mob Doctor", ended up getting cancelled - hope that's not the case here. I also like Sophia Bush (who plays his partner Erin Lindsay) and like both of them as partners. I'm glad that she didn't listen to Voight as far as not seeing Jay.

I look forward to the crossover episode with Law and Order SVU. I think if given enough time it could be a good show. For me it gets better each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Oh, is she the same girl who is on his team? The one who the guy says the boss acts like her father? I thought they resembled, but they still looked different to me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Same one. That is, he was implying their boss was acting like the dad of a teenager about to go on a first date... kind of inappropriate since the boss is NOT her dad, but fits with the fact that he "saved" her and has a kind of paternal relationship with her. But it also fits with his role as their boss... many don't like/allow dating within the unit.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Has everyone given up on this show? It was a cross-over episode with SVU, but ended up with the SVU team having a few drinks at Molly's. All 3 of my fave dramas in one episode.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm not familiar with Molly's. I thought it was a pretty good episode. I'll try to check out the scene from Molly's again.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Has everyone given up on this show? It was a cross-over episode with SVU, but ended up with the SVU team having a few drinks at Molly's. All 3 of my fave dramas in one episode.
    I'm still watching JunkieGirl and my problem is commenting on everything I watch. I saw this episode as well and really enjoyed it. Glad to see Molly's is getting the business.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not familiar with Molly's. I thought it was a pretty good episode. I'll try to check out the scene from Molly's again.
    Molly's is the bar run by some of the firefighters from Chicago Fire. A bit struggling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast