+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Chicago PD - premieres January 8th, 2014 at 10 pm on NBC

Yeah, they seem to be into justifying Voight's approach...not crazy about that.... he was such a sleaze on Fire that it's hard to get into him here. I think the young woman protege was involved in gangs in some way as a kid and V got her out, just like he is doing with the young boy.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I definitely liked the 2nd episode better than the first. I just don't know why that guy who had Dawson's son didn't figure out something was going on because the 2nd bus showed up to replace the broken down one in a couple of minutes. Once again, liked the older detective and the brunette so I'm basically watching for them. I'll stay with it for now, it has my attention.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I didn't understand the envelope of cash at the end to the woman (sorry I am horrible with names) is Voigt paying her off?
    My husband was narrating the whole time that they were beating up the guy in the cage. "he wouldn't talk when a knife was held to his eyeball but he is crying and talking when they are punching him""

I have never been a huge Sofia Bush fan but she is doing a decent job.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I think I liked this show more than most people. I thought it was okay. I've seen much worse. I'll keep watching.

I was disappointed that the lady cop stood directly in front of the door. That was a huge rookie mistake, only she wasn't a rookie. You are taught to stand to the side away from in front of the doorway, just the reason they demonstrated. So sad to see her little kids. That was brutal.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I am really disliking the way they ignore the longlasting effects on this show on the short stories vs. the long ones. A child who looks like he's about 7 was kidnapped 4 years ago and kept in that house and they say "he'll be just fine"???? Come on! It wasn't even clear if they were talking parental abduction or stranger abduction! And this while they are showing the long term effects of the death of a child on the survivors....

I'm also disliking the practically Hawaii 5-0 level of apparently being allowed to beat people up with no consequence.

The ratings have increased every week so far.
    Punkin likes this.

This show gets better with every episode. I hope TPTB consider an extension & another season
    JLuvs likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Next time it is on there's a crossover with SVU, which is on just before it. They are in different cities, so I guess some serial rapist flees NYC for Chicago?

Is Voight still taking money in part to keep up his crooked cop image for whatever he's doing for the IA woman? I know he seems to be using the cash he gets from that big drugdealer as a piggy bank for helping kids escape the life, but is there some other motivation as well, sort of undercover ish? Or is he really still a crooked cop?

Is this sleazy son the one that Voight got into a beef with the FD over, when the kid had a DUI that maimed people? It just came back to me that there was someone he was protecting, who didn't deserve it, that started that whole storyline. The sleazy son is obviously a goner....doesn't even want to be "saved".

My take is that Voight was definitely introduced a a dirty cop during Chicago Fire. Then they decided to do the spin off, so they had to make him good, but it's not like he can be dirty on one show and clean on the other. So, he did a little time in jail, cut that deal with the IA and is now pretending to be a dirty cop in order to bring down big name baddies for the IA. He is not doing that though. He is happy being a good cop and not really liking pretending to still be bad, which goes hand in hand with his new position as the leader of whatever his unit is called.

Yes - that is the sleazy son alright. He's still sleazy too.
    Punkin likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You'd think if he's on probation for a serious DUI, which I assume he is, he shouldn't be haging out 1) in bars and 2) with ex cons. But hey, what do I know...

And, yeah, that's how they are redeeming his character, but boy, he was really really evil on Chicago Fire... it's a hard fit for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast