+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Intelligence - Monday, January 13, 2014 at 10pm

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Intelligence - Monday, January 13, 2014 at 10pm

Did a search but could not find a thread specifically for this show and since the premiere is less than a month away, I thought somebody should start one. I plan on watching, if for no other reason than to see Josh Holloway again.

The premiere date is Tuesday, January 7th at 9pm. After that, it moves to it's regular time.

Along with Josh, we have Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows from CSI) and Meghan Ory (Ruby/Red Riding Hood from Once Upon a Time)

Link to CBS website where there's a preview: http://www.cbs.com/shows/intelligence/

Link to EW website for a brief synopsis: 'Intelligence': Josh Holloway channels Vitruvian Man in new poster | Inside TV | EW.com

Link to IMDB so you can see who else is in the cast: Intelligence (TV Series 2013
    Punkin and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Intelligence - Monday, January 13, 2014 at 10pm

It doesn't actually look at that good to me but, like you said, I plan on watching if for no other reason than to see Josh Holloway again
    YorkieMom and Little Sew&Sew like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It has a great core cost and it's a genre I really like, so I'll be giving it a bunch of episodes to draw me in. It strikes me as kind of a Six Million Dollar Man for the 21st Century although I could be way off on that.

While there are a bunch of actors I find moderately to extremely attractive, there aren't all that many I find drool worthy. Sawyer was always one of those for me, even when he seemed to be really evil when the series began.

A little addition to say that I'm seeing blurbs showing Lance Reddick (Lost, Fringe) appearing in at least a recurring role, but I haven't seen it confirmed yet. That would be another big plus for me.
    Last edited by Florimel; 12-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Forimel - I had to google "Lance Reddick" to figure out who he was. Thank you! I've seen him in both Lost and Fringe as well as a host of other places but never knew his name. I really like him!!!! I love love loved him in Oz! Thanks for putting his name out here
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 12-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    A little addition to say that I'm seeing blurbs showing Lance Reddick (Lost, Fringe) appearing in at least a recurring role, but I haven't seen it confirmed yet. That would be another big plus for me.

Check the IMDB link . . . he is listed as a cast member!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Check the IMDB link . . . he is listed as a cast member!
    Thanks, Little. I thought I had checked IMDB, but I guess I missed it. In any case, I'm always delighted to see Lance Reddick in a show and especially with back together with Josh Holloway.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree it doesn't look that great...kind of reminds me of that comedy where the computer store nerd had the implant thing that let him flash on suspects, etc. That's going to make it hard to take it "seriously". BUT like you all, anything with Josh I'll give a try, and I like Marg and some of the othes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree it doesn't look that great...kind of reminds me of that comedy where the computer store nerd had the implant thing that let him flash on suspects, etc. That's going to make it hard to take it "seriously". BUT like you all, anything with Josh I'll give a try, and I like Marg and some of the othes as well.
    Are you talking about Chuck? I have to admit that show was a real treat for me. It was not serious, had very entertaining characters and stories. I don't necessarily look for realism in all the fictional stories that I like. If I did, I probably would love old classics like The Time Machine or the Foundation series, or Stranger in a Strange Land, etc., etc, and so forth. That just a matter of personal preference, I guess.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Are you talking about Chuck? I have to admit that show was a real treat for me. It was not serious, had very entertaining characters and stories. I don't necessarily look for realism in all the fictional stories that I like. If I did, I probably would love old classics like The Time Machine or the Foundation series, or Stranger in a Strange Land, etc., etc, and so forth. That just a matter of personal preference, I guess.
    Right, Chuck! Couldn't think of the name last night. I loved it also. But I think Intelligence is supposed to be more of a drama, in the sense that The Mentalist is. But Josh's special skill sounds (so far) so much like Chuck's, which was more slapstick, that I'm worried I'll keep thinking it's a comedy, which Chuck was most of the time--in my opinion anyway.
    Anyway, we'll see come the new year!

Re: Intelligence

I am so looking forward to this show, but CBS is making a big mistake with scheduling. They need to keep the change they made in changing the premiere episode from Monday to Tuesday, change it to an earlier time, and/or they need to show at least one repeat airing during the week. Putting this new show up against Blacklist and Castle is not a smart programming choice. All three shows should appeal to a similar fan base and most of us can DVD only two shows at the same time. This week they are repeating the pilot on Friday. They need to do that consistently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast