+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG! I only had about 10 minutes to check out The Private Lives of Nashville Housewives, but I LOVED the part I saw. So far the cast looks so good. Very interesting and well known people who are actually trying to be real. I'm impressed and will start a thread on it, as soon as I watch the entire episode, unless someone beats me to it.
    I watched the whole episode, Debb and I loved the whole show!

All the couples seemed to be so nice!

I will say the twins (Betty and Ana) were a bit loud.

Betty is married to Raoul and has 2 sons, I did not get the backstory on why Ana is living there OR is she?

The one wife that did all the soaps (of which I watch them all) I do not recognize her at all! Hmm!

I did not care about the 'gun' scenes at all. Coming from the northeast, we do not take guns out at cookouts and shoot them randomly like at watermelon.
    KAREN

Well, after watching the full episode of Private Lives of Nashville Wives, I'm not as impressed. I'll give it a little more time though.

I agree that the twin sisters were annoying. I ff'd through them. They are not amusing at all and I wish they would be dropped.

At first I liked the aspiring song writer/singer who is married to the successful song writer, but she went on and on too much. She is living in a dream land. For her to have the connections she has and still not have made it, she's not likely to. I didn't find anything special about her. She's a little below average singer and apparently an average song writer. That's not much to offer to be a super star, which is what she dreams of. Now from this show we see just how big her head is and she is even less appealing, IMO. Pretty girl though. lol

I liked the actress wife, Erika White. I thought she seemed to be the most interesting and real. She's not too full of herself either. She's married to Ryan White. He is now 40 years old. I can't see him having a big come back at his age. It dosen't make much sense. If you are someone who has stayed in the lime light like Tim McGraw, it's one thing, but to break back in at age 40 is something rare and reserved for people like Garth Brooks, IMO. lol

That Gary Chapman came off as really nuts, IMO. I'm from the south too and if anyone brought out a firearm to shoot for fun at a cook out, I would gather my children and leave, never to return. I would never even associate with someone who is foolish enough to fire a gun near children off of a balcony! It boggles the mind. His wife seemed okay. Did you get a look at that house? When the wife said that he hit rock bottom, I was trying to figure out how that was possible. That house was HUGE!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think you pretty much summed it up, Debb. I was not very interested in any of the cast members, so I too, will give it another chance or two, UNLESS they start with all the mean-girl stuff, in which case, I'm out.

Has anyone watched Mixology? I forced myself to stay with the pilot for the entire episode, thinking, "It can't be as bad as this. It has to get better." It didn't. Just thoroughly awful.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OMG NBC is bringing back Heroes in 2015 - a 13 episode miniseries.

‘Heroes’ Returns With NBC Miniseries in 2015 — Season 5 - TVLine
    I was such a huge fan of Heroes when it first began. Nothing can top the first season. It was definitely must-see tv for me and made me actually look forward to Mondays because I knew my beloved show would be on! They sure killed the show in later seasons. I'll probably watch the miniseries but with new people in it, I don't have high hopes for it. Heroes isn't Heroes for me without Peter Petrelli. *sigh*

I'm not familiar with Mixology or Heroes.

I did watch Those Who Kill! Anyone catch it? It wasn't all that good and I'm disappointed. I love Chloe Sevigny, so this is sad. I'm not giving up on it yet though. It does have potential. It's based on a Danish story, like The Killing and The Bridge. Hmmm....I think I must not care for Danish novels....lol.
    If anyone else is watching this, I'll start a thread. IF not, I won't.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Has anyone watched Mixology? I forced myself to stay with the pilot for the entire episode, thinking, "It can't be as bad as this. It has to get better." It didn't. Just thoroughly awful.
    I have it DVR'd, but if it is that bad, I may just delete it and not waste my time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

BTW, I still have my "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" bumper sticker on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I have it DVR'd, but if it is that bad, I may just delete it and not waste my time
    I'd hate to be the one to keep you from making your own decision. We may or may not like the same things.

It takes place in a bar and the premise is that the whole show focuses on one night at the bar where the patrons are trying to meet that special one. I didn't find one character I was interested in seeing again and I felt my brain cells dying as I watched. But I never enjoyed the bar scene as a meeting place even in my youth, so I can't say I'm unbiased.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    You did better than me. I didn't make it to the end. It really was awful.
    Who the heck at the Networks thinks this is the kind of thing that people want to watch? Everything about it was bad, the characters, the premise, the writing, the acting.
    There has to be better potential shows promoted to them than some of what they're giving us.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread