+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

You mean the Cheerleader will stay buried forever? Yes, the last season it took off on a weird tangent with the carnival that really did not tie to the original season. This will be interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You mean the Cheerleader will stay buried forever? Yes, the last season it took off on a weird tangent with the carnival that really did not tie to the original season. This will be interesting.
    The Carnival Season was horrid the only thing that would have saved it if at the very last episode when The Cheerleader/Claire had to jump of the high tower in front of the reporters was if a shark had been at the bottom of the tower and ate her.

Although it was fun when they had the Sylar believing he as a Petrelli brother and working with Peter.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The critic that writes for TV Guide really trashed that show Believe.
    It looks like a remake of the second season of Touch.

I actually liked Touch until about half-way through the second season, but if it didn't work with that cast, why would people like it with this one? Having people who are trying to harm a child just doesn't really work as a plot.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

OMG! I only had about 10 minutes to check out The Private Lives of Nashville Housewives, but I LOVED the part I saw. So far the cast looks so good. Very interesting and well known people who are actually trying to be real. I'm impressed and will start a thread on it, as soon as I watch the entire episode, unless someone beats me to it.
    momrek06 likes this.

I watched Mindgames on ABC last night. I found it very interesting and I want to know more, especially about the characters, who all have their flaws. It's a very interesting premise and not more of the same old, same old. It did give me moments that surprised me, especially about Christian Slater's character.

The vibe I got was something akin to Leverage and Person of Interest where the main characters can behave badly in order to accomplish good things. I'll definitely watch again.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mindgames didn't do well in the ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched Mindgames on ABC last night. I found it very interesting and I want to know more, especially about the characters, who all have their flaws. It's a very interesting premise and not more of the same old, same old. It did give me moments that surprised me, especially about Christian Slater's character.
    I watched it today online. Yeah, Christian Slater's character is definitely layered. I think, for me, the turn off will be his brother. No matter how brilliant he may be, the level of mania they write him at exhausts me. I'm fully aware of bipolar and the highs and lows so I don't want anyone to think I'm unsympathetic. The reason I stopped watching that show with Keifer was because every week the boy escaped the institution and wound up in some perilous situation.

I find when a character is too complex it takes away from not only the storyline but the other cast members as well. I'll give it another shot though because I find the premise fascinating.
    Florimel likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

That's just how I felt about Steve Zahn's brother character. If he remains that LOUD, it will just turn me off. But, I'm not willing to write it off after only the pilot. I'm willing to give them a little chance to settle down because I can se some interesting stories coming from it.

I like Christian Slater and think he's a good actor. He doesn't seem to have had a really big success on tv though. I don't know if he just doesn't resonate with the average tv audience or if he's not had great material, but I would like to see him in a show that stays around for a while.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just watched the first episode of The Americans new season. Oh, my! It picked up right where it left off as far as being cutting edge and in your face with the reality of the story. Wow!

I like Christian Slater and think he's a good actor. He doesn't seem to have had a really big success on tv though. I don't know if he just doesn't resonate with the average tv audience or if he's not had great material, but I would like to see him in a show that stays around for a while.
    I'm still carrying a grudge over Breaking In.... I think Christian Slater and Mark Valley need to do a show together. They both usually signal the kiss o death for a show and maybe their mojo would cancel each other out (I like both of them and have no idea why they kill shows)
    JLuvs, Florimel and Bearcata like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread