+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

I watched the first episode of Black Sails last night and enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching episode 2.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This one coming up on ABC looks interesting. I'm definitely going to sample it. Premiere date has been moved up to February 15 because of the lack of success of Killer Women, which I've never seen.

Mind Games (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This one coming up on ABC looks interesting. I'm definitely going to sample it. Premiere date has been moved up to February 15 because of the lack of success of Killer Women, which I've never seen.

Mind Games (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's one of the ones I'm looking forward to. I've been watching Killer Women, which is OK, but I won't miss at all. I'll just keep watching that time slot.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forgive my typo. Premiere date for Mindgames is February 25.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Expect to see lots of premieres after the Olympics end in the last week of February and quite a few to premiere in March so they can air with no breaks until the end of the season in May.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I don't think we have one yet for web sites' streaming tv shows. Nor do I know if we need one.

Amazon Instant Video has put up 10 possible pilots they're thinking of scheduling, five for kids, five for adults. They've made each pilot available to watch and they're collecting our reviews and opinions on which ones should go forth. They are all free to watch. You do NOT need Amazon Prime to watch these pilots though you will for those who make it. I watched one yesterday, Mozart Jungle that bills itself as a show about sex, drugs, and classical music. The sec scenes were a little too graphic for my taste, but the cast was quite good and I love the idea of a show centered on classical music.

Starring among others were Gael Garcia Bernal, Maclcom McDowell, Bernadette Peters, Constantine from American Idol.

The others I'll check out this week are:
    Bosch, based on a Michael Connelly book series that stars Titus Welliver
    The Rebels, stars Natalie Zea as a woman who inherits a pro football team from her husband.
    Transparent, a dark comedy about a family whose secrets unravel, created by Jill Holloway (Six Feet Under and stars Jeffrey Tambor, a grown up Gaby Hoffman, and Judith Light.
    The After sci-fi ilk, I think, stars Aldis Hodge (I love his work) and Andrew Howard from Copper.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Also, still no official start date but the STARZ orginial series Outlander (based on the Diana Gabaldon book series) is scheduled for 2014. I think the casting looks good but I am nervous about watching this series and what bringing it to the small screen may do to my perception of what is my 2nd favorite book series of all time.
    I've just heard summer of 2014, I don't think they've given an exact date. And I will be watching... actually have to sign up for STARZ to see it. I'm hoping its good too, but I can't not watch! Loved the book series. I think it's hard when you bring such beloved characters to life that we've all imagined in our head. I know the guy playing Jamie doesn't look like I imagined him, but as long as he does a good job acting the part, it should be okay

I really liked Mozart Jungle. I watched it the other. I guess I missed most all of the sex scenes. I saw one that lasted all of like 2 seconds. I thought the conductor character could be toned down just a hair and still be effective but all in all I liked it. Hope there's more.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I really liked Mozart Jungle. I watched it the other. I guess I missed most all of the sex scenes. I saw one that lasted all of like 2 seconds. I thought the conductor character could be toned down just a hair and still be effective but all in all I liked it. Hope there's more.
    I liked it, too. I just thing there is so much more for this show to offer. If it goes to full series, I'll definitely watch it at least for a while.

I loved Bosch,. It was my favorite of all of them. I also enjoyed The After, which intrigued me at the end with its use of classical Latin. The Rebels was a fun football spool. I watch all of these at least to how they grow.

The only one I'll pass on for sure is Transaction. I didn't like the characters and found it rather tedious with a pack of pace. It moved extremely slowly for a half-hour show.

The Syfy network will be marathoning Bitten and Helix Friday February 14th, Valentine's Day in case you want to watch something else besides the Winter Olympics.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread