+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Luving your Farscape avatar, that show has some of the strongest and most complex women on it and they writers were never afraid of having more than one female on the show.
    Thank you, and I agree about the Farscape women, but nothing wrong with Ben Browder either.

Giving credit where credit is due, Pikachu found and edited that avatar for me based on the name I created for my team. She does that for those of us who play in her pools.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The Following is officially back tonight. They are re-airing the season premiere episode which originally showed last Sunday after something else that I didn't watch. It was too late for me so it will be new for me. And then the 2nd ep of the season is at 9 on FOX. I think the regular time slot is going to be 9pm on FOX.

Also, still no official start date but the STARZ orginial series Outlander (based on the Diana Gabaldon book series) is scheduled for 2014. I think the casting looks good but I am nervous about watching this series and what bringing it to the small screen may do to my perception of what is my 2nd favorite book series of all time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

The CW has announced its midseason schedule:

Monday, Feb. 17

8 p.m. - "Star-Crossed"
    9 p.m. - "Beauty and the Beast"

Monday, March 17

8 p.m. - "Star-Crossed"
    9 p.m. - "The Tomorrow People"

Wednesday, March 19

8 p.m. - "Arrow"
    9 p.m. - "The 100"

Also Whose Line Is It Anyway and Hart of Dixie will air on Fridays starting March 21
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't watched the others but I'm looking forward to the return of The Tomorrow People
    pikachu likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

The Following is filmed by me. Every other day someone is wondering why there's fire or some other excitement. The answer..."the following is filming" LOL!

Blacklist also films by me on occasion

Meanwhile, I don't watch either. My friends LOVE the following - say it's pretty creepy.

Looks like there's going to be quite a few new shows starting up in March. Like always, a few look interesting, a few don't, a few look irritating or offensive, & a few leave me saying "huh?".

Resurrection is being advertised to the point of irritation, but it looks really interesting. I looked it up online, but can't get any further information other than what the promos give us.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm a little irritated that the CW is moving The Tomorrow People to Mondays. I get that they want that Arrow lead in for their new show but now I'm going to have to choose between that and The Following.

I really need to get a DVR.....

Sent on the go!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

Black Sails on Starz starts tonight. I'm watching the premiere now but it's repeating afterward. If you like dirty, scheming pirates, this is for you.

Sent on the go!
    Women are Angels.

Heard that there is really good buzz about Black Sails.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It turns out I was wrong - last night was the 2nd episode of Black Sails. I ended up rewatching the episode during the back-to-back showing and was able to pick up a lot more the second time around. It looks good and it certainly doesn't shy away from being an "adult" show.

I also saw an actual preview for Outlander and was so busy fretting, I missed when it said it was premiering. D'oh!
    Looks very good but I'm dithering over watching it.
    Women are Angels.

+ Reply to Thread