+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Critical, I recorded all of it today, but haven't watched any of it yet. My son watched and he said it was trying to be like Deadwood, which was brilliant with the language of oyd time. He was disappointed by Klondike and thought it could have been much better than it was. I imagine I'll get around to watching, or at least starting, it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I ended up bailing out and turning it off after the halfway point. I'd rather read a book than sit through more of that. What a bore. It was a great concept, but the execution was awful. I expected more from Discovery. I thought it would at least be more historically accurate. Lots of lazy stereotypes too. Definitely a Sadly.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just watched my tape of Killer Women. Apparently no one else here saw it, either that or they hated it.
    It wasn't exactly groundbreaking innovation in TV, but I liked it. It had every possible cliché in the books, but it was fun & entertaining. I liked the lead gal & her boss.
    The story was predictable, but I enjoyed watching it play out. If it doesn't stick around, I won't really miss it, but right now it's nice to have another show I enjoy.
    I'll be watching the next one.
    It was cancelled after 2 shows
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just watched Rake and as much as I love Greg Kinnear, which is why I even watched it to begin with, I won't be tuning in again. I can't watch his character getting himself into bad luck situations week after week, plus the done to death owe the mob or bookie mounds of debt storyline that is sure to be part of every episode just makes for a depressing premise. I'll pass.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I also watched Rake and most because of Greg Kinnear. It is getting pretty mediocre reviews, but I found myself enjoying, or at least not utterly disliking it, again probably because of Kinnear. I'll most likely give it another shot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was cancelled after 2 shows
    They've shown 3 so far. From what I read, TPTB cut the number of shows on call almost immediately. They may or may not continue to burn off some of what they have. I guess it depends on just how bad it's doing & how quickly the network can set up a replacement. Replacing it with nothing more than a stale repeat will do them no good.
    The Olympics are coming very soon, so there's their replacement. By the time the Olympics are over, the network will have time to set something up.
    Like I said earlier, I won't really miss it. It just gave me something to watch that I kind of enjoyed. Each show was self-contained, so there's nothing to wrap up.

More than anything, I've just been so dissatisfied with what we're being given by the networks. Most of them either put me off by the ads before it's even been shown, or I don't even make it through the premier. When I find something that's at least watchable, I consider it a plus.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Anybody here watch Switched at Birth?

I've watched, and have loved this show, since it's first season. However, I must say, this most recent "season" (the fourth, I think) is just.....off, somehow. I'm not connecting with any of the new characters and it feels, in general, like there's a new writing team in place. Anybody know if that's true? The entire flavor of the show is different, imo.

Helix (Syfy) is on episode 4 --- it's OK.

Lost Girl (Syfy) is still a pleasant romp.

Bitten (Syfy) Laura Vandervoort does a great job playing Elena Michaels the worlds first female werewolf. The show has potential.

Teen Wolf (MTV) is still delightful as always.

I get the impression some shows are sort of going into hiatus so as not to compete with the Winter Olympics.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Critical, I recorded all of it today, but haven't watched any of it yet. My son watched and he said it was trying to be like Deadwood, which was brilliant with the language of oyd time. He was disappointed by Klondike and thought it could have been much better than it was. I imagine I'll get around to watching, or at least starting, it.
    Luving your Farscape avatar, that show has some of the strongest and most complex women on it and they writers were never afraid of having more than one female on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    They've shown 3 so far. From what I read, TPTB cut the number of shows on call almost immediately. They may or may not continue to burn off some of what they have. I guess it depends on just how bad it's doing & how quickly the network can set up a replacement. Replacing it with nothing more than a stale repeat will do them no good.
    The Olympics are coming very soon, so there's their replacement. By the time the Olympics are over, the network will have time to set something up.
    Like I said earlier, I won't really miss it. It just gave me something to watch that I kind of enjoyed. Each show was self-contained, so there's nothing to wrap up.

More than anything, I've just been so dissatisfied with what we're being given by the networks. Most of them either put me off by the ads before it's even been shown, or I don't even make it through the premier. When I find something that's at least watchable, I consider it a plus.
    I was hoping Rake would be good, meh, it was just so so for me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread