+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

FORT Fogey

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

I suppose bipolar conditions can vary somewhat by the individual. I had a bipolar friend who did nothing this extreme when she was off her meds or taking new ones that didn't work well enough. She made impulsive decisions, but was nowhere near as potentially self-destructive as this character. Was it any big surprise that her "niece" was really her daughter? She looks exactly like a young version of her and nothing like her parents. Then it was creepy to me that her nice-guy boyfriend discovered that he's turned on by her manic self. I dislike this show (especially right before bedtime) and will not watch again. Don't like the whole vibe and don't consider it a quality drama.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I suppose bipolar conditions can vary somewhat by the individual. I had a bipolar friend who did nothing this extreme when she was off her meds or taking new ones that didn't work well enough. She made impulsive decisions, but was nowhere near as potentially self-destructive as this character. Was it any big surprise that her "niece" was really her daughter? She looks exactly like a young version of her and nothing like her parents. Then it was creepy to me that her nice-guy boyfriend discovered that he's turned on by her manic self. I dislike this show (especially right before bedtime) and will not watch again. Don't like the whole vibe and don't consider it a quality drama.
    I really tuned in for Vanessa Redgrave, I could just listen to her voice. But that isn't going to work for this show
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Rosemary's Baby highlighting Zoe Saldana, a Mini-Series that begins Sunday, May 11 on NBC.

Rosemary

About the Show

Based on the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin, this new adaptation of "Rosemary's Baby" centers on a young married couple who escapes New York and moves to Paris with hopes of leaving their sad past behind. After a series of unfortunate events, Rosemary and Guy Woodhouse are presented with an offer they can't refuse - an apartment at the most prestigious address in the city. Problem is, it comes with a haunted past and an immeasurable price.

Rosemary (Zoe Saldana, "Avatar," "Star Trek Into Darkness") and Guy (Patrick J. Adams, "Suits") are incredulous at their good fortune and find comfort in a strange city among their new friends and neighbors, the Castevets. This well-to-do successful older couple takes the newcomers under their wing and become very involved with the Woodhouses' lives. Things seem to be perfect as Rosemary becomes pregnant and Guy's career takes off. As their spirited best friend, Guy's co-worker Julie (Christina Cole), spends quality time with Rosemary in the city, she finds Rosemary's health worrying and cautions both of them that something isn't right. Soon there are other signs warning Rosemary to be careful.

Guy seems to be pulling away from Rosemary and spending a great deal of time hanging around with Roman Castevet (Jason Isaacs, "Harry Potter" franchise). Roman's wife, the whimsical Margaux Castevet (Carole Bouquet, "For Your Eyes Only"), assures Rosemary her herbs and holistic medicine will help with the pregnancy, but are they helping or hurting? Rosemary's quizzical nature leads her to investigate the building and its past residents. She uncovers a dark past and realizes who Roman Castevet truly is. But is it too late? Are the Castavets' perceived sinister motives legitimate or all in the pregnancy brain of Rosemary?

In this new four-hour, two-part psychological thriller written by Scott Abbott ("Queen of the Damned,") and James Wong ("Final Destination 3," "American Horror Story," "The X-Files") and directed by Agnieszka Holland ("Europa Europa," "The Wire," "Treme"), Rosemary quickly finds herself surrounded by peculiar people and startling occurrences. Isolated in her apartment in a city where she doesn't speak the language, she begins to fear the worst: Guy may have made a pact with their neighbors, promising their newborn as a human sacrifice in occult rituals in exchange for a writing career. To what lengths would someone be willing to go for success and fortune?

"Rosemary's Baby" is executive produced by Joshua D. Maurer, Alixandre Witlin and David Stern, and produced by City Entertainment, KippSter Entertainment and Lionsgate Television.
    Although I won't be surprised like I was with the original movie, I'm still going see how they've updated it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I loved this original movie. I will check this out for sure
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The woman doctor who is bipolar on The Black Box is a neurologist. Do they treat people with bipolar disorder?

I don't watch a lot of comedies, but I'm really enjoying Playing House on USA. I think the chemistry between the two leads totally makes the show. They're completely believable as lifelong best friends and SO funny. I've actually laughed out loud watching and that hardly ever happens.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Does anyone know much about the new show that Halle Berry is supposed to be on?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know much about the new show that Halle Berry is supposed to be on?
    Title of mini series is Extant. Extant means living species vs Extinct which means dead species. She is an astronaut that just finished a 13 month solo mission. She is pregnant.

Kinda impressed that two major summer series have African American female leads. Yeah, diversity. Doesn't hurt that both are hot.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread