+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

Re: Winter/Spring TV Shows 2014

I taped Believe last night. We'll see Saturday morning if I make it through the whole thing. Thanks for the warning.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just the opposite. I hated Resurrection but liked Believe.

! I've watched two episodes, and I didn't realize the mom was Jenna Elfman. Has she had work done, or was I maybe just not paying very close attention? I'll have to watch an episode on demand and take a better look at her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I watched Believe and am on the fence. Interesting reveal at the very last minute. However, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? The government wants her, a privateer wants her and I have no idea who the group is that is currently protecting her.

Both this and Resurrection have a bit more development to do before I grab them as must see tv.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Believe just sounds too much like the second season of Touch for me to even want to check it out.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

We watched Mind Games last night since Person of Interest wasn't on. It was ok. If Christian Slater is supposed to be the "star" there wasn't enough of him in it. And the Steve Zahn character was pretty annoying. The concept was a little meh. I felt like it has been done before. It was like Lie To Me + Breaking In with a dash of Criminal Minds.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    We watched Mind Games last night since Person of Interest wasn't on. It was ok. If Christian Slater is supposed to be the "star" there wasn't enough of him in it. And the Steve Zahn character was pretty annoying. The concept was a little meh. I felt like it has been done before. It was like Lie To Me + Breaking In with a dash of Criminal Minds.
    I'm still watching, too, though not with full enthusiasm. Christian Slater's character is the only one I find compelling so far and the show is swapping out supporting characters before I'm even sure of who's who. It seems like prison mate girl is in and ex-wife is out. I'd also like to see some more interaction between the team and their clients.

Steve Zahn's character is just too far over the top and manic for my taste. Eric McCormack's character in Perception is so much more interesting and layered IMO.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Watched Ep 3 of Growing up Fisher and I really want to stay with it but Jenna Elfman just ruins it for me . I watch On Demand, so unfortunately I'm unable to ff through her scenes.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I watched my tape of Believe this morning. I went into it not expecting to like it but gave it a chance anyhow. Since it will now be on on Sunday opposite Resurrection, I won't be watching, but I will be taping it.

I kind of liked it. The concept is different & the introduction of all the main characters caught my interest. I liked the two main characters & the two overseeing them. The story of the girl & her capabilities & her learning to use them properly for the good, is interesting. The big deal top bad guy in the plane seemed interesting too.

What I didn't care for is that it's another of those "run, duck, hide, chase, fight - lather rinse repeat" shows.
    I think that will get real old real fast. I hope they manage to put some stories in the episodes before they do all of the above.
    I want something I can enjoy watching.

I'll definitely give it a chance for a few weeks & see how it all shakes out.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I'm liking Believe! The casting, writing, and acting are very good. I'll keep watching. It's been a long time since NBC had much I wanted to watch.

+ Reply to Thread