+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momrek06

Thread: Mob City on TNT

Mob City on TNT

Did anyone watch the 2 hour Premier last night?

I thought it was awesome! Although, I absolutely love all those cop/gangster type shows and movies.

Anyone else?

MOB CITY
    Acclaimed filmmaker Frank Darabont (Walking Dead, Shawshank Redemption) brings 1940s Los Angeles to life in TNT's eagerly anticipated three-week television event, MOB CITY.

Based on the real-life accounts of the cops and gangsters of the time, this is the seductive story of the violent crime underbelly of America's most glamorous city and those who wanted to control it.

Starring Jon Bernthal, Ed Burns, Neal McDonough and Jeremy Luke, MOB CITY premieres December 4 on TNT.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Re: Mob City on TNT

I'm right there with you on this one, mom! I love this show! A genre that's always been a favorite of mine in the movies. The Black Dahlia, Mulholland Falls, Gangster Squad, etc., and crime dramas set in that era in LA like Chinatown, Changeling, Devil in a Blue Dress, The Onion Fields, to name a few. I love seeing that tall central police building that I remember from Dragnet on TV when I was a kid.

This 2 hour premiere did not disappoint and I've saved it to watch again. Love the characters. Love the music and costuming (crazy funny little neckties LOL). Almost gives me LA envy. They got all the great mobsters like Cohen and Bugsy, where we didn't see any of that action up here and the bad boys only came up here to retire. Like in Alcatraz or Quentin.

Re: Mob City on TNT

I watched & liked it. Three 2hr. episodes is kind of a weird way to air the show though if you ask me.

+ Reply to Thread