+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: True Detective (HBO)

Re: True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    What did everyone think of the finale?
    It was satisfying, but also expected. I kind of wish there had been an unexpected twist. However, I would rather see a solid anticipated ending than a twist poorly done. Also, I suppose Rust's change in perspective after a near-death experience could be seen as a bit of a twist.

My *one* complaint about this show is that I stink at properly hearing southern accents and I think I missed some good lines in this show because of it. I backed up a couple of scenes in this episode to figure out what they were saying. Maybe I just need to go get my hearing checked!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    It was satisfying, but also expected. I kind of wish there had been an unexpected twist. However, I would rather see a solid anticipated ending than a twist poorly done. Also, I suppose Rust's change in perspective after a near-death experience could be seen as a bit of a twist.

My *one* complaint about this show is that I stink at properly hearing southern accents and I think I missed some good lines in this show because of it. I backed up a couple of scenes in this episode to figure out what they were saying. Maybe I just need to go get my hearing checked!
    From early on, I thought Rust was going to die. I was completely convinced of it after the scene where he was in the bar explaining that all the packages were to be mailed if he didn't return. So I guess, for me, the twist was that he didn't die!

I also had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue.

I loved the final scene.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    From early on, I thought Rust was going to die. I was completely convinced of it after the scene where he was in the bar explaining that all the packages were to be mailed if he didn't return. So I guess, for me, the twist was that he didn't die!

I also had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue.

I loved the final scene.
    Did he say to mail them if he didn't return? I thought he said to mail them if he didn't contact him in 24hrs and tell him not to.
    Either way I was just thrilled Rust didn't die... and for Rust's sake I was glad Martin didn't die either

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Me too! But I put the 'captions' on! Made a world of difference!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Me too! But I put the 'captions' on! Made a world of difference!
    LOL, that never occurred to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My *one* complaint about this show is that I stink at properly hearing southern accents and I think I missed some good lines in this show because of it.
    I live in the south and still couldn't understand some of the lines, so don't feel bad.

I loved the finale. I thought Rust was a goner also - Cohle too, after he took an ax to the chest - but I really did like how the guys patched up their friendship. Talk about an odd couple! The bad guy was suitably disgusting (that house was creepy) and while they did get the main pervert, the others got away, so it wasn't all nice and neat. Looking forward to next season.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123