+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: True Detective (HBO)

Re: True Detective

I saw a trailer about this show some time ago. I think I posted it on a new show thread here or something. It's good to know that it's as good as I thought it might be. The problem is that I gave up my HBO after Masters of Sex completed its first season. Is it worth me getting my HBO back? I was thinking I would wait awhile, but by the time Masters of Sex comes back on, it may not be available on HBO On Demand.

I can't believe there is only one episode left! I can't envision how they are going to wrap up what is going on here in just one hour!!!

When the new detectives ran into the guy mowing the grass in what looked like the cemetery. He was clearly the same guy who, years before, Cohle saw moving grass at the shut down school. When they showed him this time did he have scars on his lower face? He didn't strike me as unusually tall, but given the odd camera angle and the glare of the sun I wasn't sure what I was supposed to see in that shot.

ETA: I really like the title sequence to this show. Does HBO have some team that makes sure their shows have great title sequences? I also really like the openings to True Blood and Game of Thrones. Especially in a time where people DVR everything, I think it takes some real attention to detail to put together a title sequence that viewers will actually make a point to watch!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-03-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    waywyrd likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm there too - can't see how they're gonna wrap up things in a single one hour left. Yes it's the same guy at the cemetery. If I recall correctly he had a beard when Cohle talked to him the first time but this time I did not see a beard... but thought I saw scars.

I'm really REALLY going to miss this show!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'm going to hate for this one to end, too. And now I have to rewatch to see if that guy had scars..
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I'm going to hate for this one to end, too. And now I have to rewatch to see if that guy had scars..
    I was paying attention and couldn't decide if he had scars! Come back and tell us what you think!!

The word is that the show has been renewed and will have a new cast next season. After a few seasons of American Horror Story, I am completely open to this idea. I like having stories that run to a conclusion in a reasonable amount of time instead of being artificially drawn out (I'm looking at you, Once Upon a Time)!
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I like having stories that run to a conclusion in a reasonable amount of time instead of being artificially drawn out (I'm looking at you, Once Upon a Time)!
    And The Killing. What a mess that was.

Glad that they've renewed it, I think it's a really well done series. Can't wait to see how they wrap it up Sunday...for a minute I was thinking Harrelson was the bad guy, but now I don't know.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

What did everyone think of the finale?
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was really pleased with it. It's so rare these days for a show to actually have a beginning... a middle... and an end... that it felt very very satisfying. I wasn't all that thrilled with the case they were solving/obsessed-with or whatever but to me that was more of a subplot with the relationship between Cohle and Hart being my focal point. From that aspect, I loved the show. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are very powerful together. I'd watch MM in anything nowadays (it's his throw-away RomCom's that held no interest for me) though WH is just barely tolerable in my book.

Pleased that I invested in True Detective

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    What did everyone think of the finale?
    I thought it was intense but that it was great!

I absolutely loved this Series!

Loved watching WH and MM in their roles!

That Childress was one disgusting and obnoxious gross disgusting creep!

A real sick piece of crap!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast