+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Almost Human (FOX)

Almost Human (FOX)

Did anyone else watch? My son and I did, and we really enjoyed it (although he said that he really doesn't want to live in a world like that after he saw some of the weapons). But I really like the relationships and how Kennex really needs Dorian (as much as Kennex doesn't like Synthetics).

Re: Almost Human (FOX)

I have it recorded on the DVR and plan to check it out. I have to admit that my reasoning is terrible. My second oldest son is name Dorian and the name caught my attention when I saw a commercial for this show. It piqued my interest, but this will be the most ridiculous reason I have ever chosen to check out a new show!
    beerbelly and inthegarden like this.

FORT Fogey

Watched it liked it will continue to tune in. Plus I like the two lead actors and the actress that plays the ex-gf. Always good to see Lili Taylor too.

I liked the 1st episode but haven't seen the 2nd one yet. It'll be on Monday's from now on leading up to Sleepy Hollow.

I missed the pilot but caught the Monday night show. I enjoyed it. I like Karl Urban and I think so far they're doing a good job making the futuristic stuff accessible in a framework that would appeal to people who may not necessarily be into sci-fi.
    Bearcata and TripleGemini like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Saw the 3 episode -- the best part of this show is the interaction between Karl Urban's character John Kennex and Dorian outside of that I feel that the show needs work.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've been watching On Demand--liked the first show after a rough start, and am liking the 2nd as well. I agree, the interaction between the partners is good...vaguely reminds me of Hawai'i 5-0.
    Sad to say the sexbots bit reminded me of an article I'd just read in the NY Tmes about a party for a new men's mag of the Playboy type...started by some grad of Maxim... listed all the A- list stars who came and a quote about how many beautiful people were there.. welll, the stars were all men and the women all seemed to be ladies of the mag in skimpy Native American outfits...

FORT Fogey

I'm a fan! Each episode is better and better. The show is really finding its footing.
    Ellen likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hoping this has been picked up.

I didn't like the pilot episode way too heavy and serious. I wonder if a focus group said the same, as the show has been improving. I love how, starting with ep. 2, they've been injecting comic relief that doesn't take away from the serious issues. Good writing and acting!
    I like how they do the "Hawaii Five-O" bickering-in-the-car thing.

I'm also fascinated with the black-market transplant plot of the latest episode. Interesting treatment.
    PWS likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast