+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Almost Human (FOX)

Re: Almost Human (FOX)

I don't want to look at your spoiler since I actually wasn't able to catch Monday's show when it aired (I plan to watch On-Demand) but I just wanted to check - this week's ep was the season finale? The article seems to indicate that it wasn't and that there are as-yet unaired eps that FOX will just try to shove in somewhere.

I do truly hate FOX as a network. I do still watch some of their shows but a lot of my viewing has switched to the CW which seems to be able to give concept shows a better chance (though they may lose this love from me if they cancel The Tomorrow People!)
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, no! I hope it doesn't get cancelled! I've been enjoying the show and watch it every week.

TV networks just seem to give up on shows too soon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I don't want to look at your spoiler since I actually wasn't able to catch Monday's show when it aired (I plan to watch On-Demand) but I just wanted to check - this week's ep was the season finale? The article seems to indicate that it wasn't and that there are as-yet unaired eps that FOX will just try to shove in somewhere.

I do truly hate FOX as a network. I do still watch some of their shows but a lot of my viewing has switched to the CW which seems to be able to give concept shows a better chance (though they may lose this love from me if they cancel The Tomorrow People!)
    Yes. It was listed as the Season Finale. I really hope Fox doesn't mess this one up. It would be a shame. There are still several story lines that need to be tied up. I read this about the ratings:

"Almost Human" has been a steady and pretty solid performer in ratings. In Live +7 ratings for the season, it scores a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 and just under 9.2 million viewers.

Those are pretty good numbers, better than the already-renewed "Bones" and comparable to those of "The Following" (minus the latter's NFL-inflated premiere). But given the amount of programming FOX already has in the pipeline for 2014-15, it's not a lock for renewal. It would be a shame to see all those threads go untied.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

As a season finale it did wrap up some loose ends and had a sweet closure. It could work for both a season and a series.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, help please, my captioning was in and out as I'm back from travels and finally catching up on the season (we hope) finale---why was the bad guy capturing people and replacing them with stuffed bio copies? I gathered he needed some robotics which he's stolen from the evidience lab with the help of a crooked cop, but what did the people he'd caught have to do with anything?

Also what kind of crookedness was Kennick's dad rumored to have been involved in before he died (presumably for being about to expose the robotics theft)? Thanks very much.
    Was a good episode, despite the lack of info!
    Re Minka, mentioned before. I wonder if you could blame some of her "blankness" on the fact that she's supposed to be a chrome, so perfect no wrinkle ever mars her face? In other words, it is an acting choice?

He had some kind of neurological disorder, and he was using the bodies as test subjects for the cyborg tech while looking for a solution to his disorder.

He replaced them with bio copies because otherwise, the drones would keep looking for them. And he stuffed them with straw because the older bio tech printer couldn't print organs to scale (and the medical examiner would have noticed, although how the ME missed 18 victims with flat feet eludes me).

Kennick's dad was alleged to have stolen robotics and the printer from the police department. He was killed before he could prove what really happened to the victims.

(I just watched it tonight with my son, whose schedule has been worse than mine for the past week ;-) We both hope it gets renewed.)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, TG! And I'm also crossing my fingers for it although I hear it doesn't look good. On the cusp but sliding to the negative side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234