+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Almost Human (FOX)

Re: Almost Human (FOX)

It's called "willing suspension of disbelief." There's SO MUCH about this show that's far fetched. I just go with all of it and don't get hung up on the minutiae. I just enjoy it.
    PWS, TripleGemini and mushybrain like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love this show. the two stars are just great together. Wish was getting more 'talk' time.
    Ellen likes this.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I also enjoy this show. Dorian and John are great together. And I love Rudy (Mackenzie Crook from Pirates of the Caribbean). The only character I don't like much is Detective Stahl, and that's just because Minka Kelly, while quite beautiful, is just bland and completely emotionless. In last night's episode, she couldn't even muster a hint of a concerned or anxious look as the hacker was trying to help Dorian and John at the security company. It was weird.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ack, it was on last night? I'm so used to there being NOTHING new on during the Olympics I missed it! Off to On Demand!

Interesting episode tonight.

Hearing "Worlds Away" by Strange Advance took me back to the early 1980s when music was awesome.

Was that the song playing as Kennix was gazing out pensively while at that railing at the end? If so, all I could think was wow!, the future sure sounds a lot like the 80s!! Great music choice and it totally fit with the "look" of the city and the people and the whole moment.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    Interesting episode tonight.

Hearing "Worlds Away" by Strange Advance took me back to the early 1980s when music was awesome.
    I liked the song and googled it after the show to find out who did it. It sounded like David Bowie or possibly U2. There were several songs with the same title by different artists so I wasn't sure who did it. Thanks for clarifying it, Dingo!
    Rabid Dingo likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I also enjoy this show. Dorian and John are great together. And I love Rudy (Mackenzie Crook from Pirates of the Caribbean). The only character I don't like much is Detective Stahl, and that's just because Minka Kelly, while quite beautiful, is just bland and completely emotionless. In last night's episode, she couldn't even muster a hint of a concerned or anxious look as the hacker was trying to help Dorian and John at the security company. It was weird.
    To me - and probably lots of other viewers - he'll always be Gareth from The Office.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hey - what's going on with this show? I saw a commercial saying that Bones was returning to its old 8pm time slot. So if they're moving Bones back to Mondays, what is happening with Almost Human?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Hey - what's going on with this show? I saw a commercial saying that Bones was returning to its old 8pm time slot. So if they're moving Bones back to Mondays, what is happening with Almost Human?
    I found this speculation from a couple of weeks ago.

Is 'Almost Human' on the Verge of Cancellation?

Monday's season finale was ambiguous about the fate of the show.

Click to see Spoiler:
    At the end of the episode, Dorian found out that his service was being extended. That was either a hint that the series would continue, or a way to end the series on a happy note.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast