+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Almost Human (FOX)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Almost Human (FOX)

I am really enjoying this. Yes, it's a cop buddy show, but it's a really well done one... a good twist and fun banter between the two. I love Dorian's little bits of angst at not fitting in with the other robocops and wanting to be with the humans.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I did have to giggle a bit when they showed the Anger Management scene given Michael Ealy's last show
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I watched a few episodes, but I've given up. It isn't a bad show and the special effects are pretty good for TV, but they really just took the standard cop show formula and dropped it into a futuristic setting. There are also small details that started annoying me. In one episode Dorian was complaining that the human cop was late picking him up. As an android, why is he waiting around somewhere for the human to pick him up? Where does he "live"? He doesn't need to sleep so what does he do at night? Couldn't he just keep working? There was so much stuff like this that the show just glossed over and I started getting way too distracted by it!

From what I've been able to figure out, the Androids share a spot (it looked like it was in the police building, although Dorian now lives with the scientist). And they need to charge at night, much like our phones :-)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, that's my impression also, charging. And there was something else that was going on with the newer emotionless models in their "room" that was bugging Dorian, but I forget what it was now... At the time I thought it was funny as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I watched a few episodes, but I've given up. It isn't a bad show and the special effects are pretty good for TV, but they really just took the standard cop show formula and dropped it into a futuristic setting. There are also small details that started annoying me. In one episode Dorian was complaining that the human cop was late picking him up. As an android, why is he waiting around somewhere for the human to pick him up? Where does he "live"? He doesn't need to sleep so what does he do at night? Couldn't he just keep working? There was so much stuff like this that the show just glossed over and I started getting way too distracted by it!
    Really? It's one of my favorite new shows. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm really enjoying it. I think the chemistry between Michael Ealy and Karl Urban is terrific. Plus, I'm always happy to see Lili Taylor working.

Because each human must have an android partner and vice versa, I'd assume they're really not allowed to work on their own. Like the others, I figured Dorian was being charged at night at the police station and that's where he was
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think the chemistry between Michael Ealy and Karl Urban is terrific.
    I do too!!
    Ellen and PWS like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

They showed us the charging stations in one of the episodes (the one where, at the end, Dorian went to "live" with Rudy). This was also the episode where the station had to go on backup power, and Dorian was only charged halfway because the guy who doesn't like Kennix charged the newer Androids first.

I'm starting to think part of my problem is that I'm a software engineer and I'm looking at these issues too analytically. Reading these comments about charging stations (which I must have overlooked) just has me thinking that with such advanced technology they should have better ways to charge androids. There are already techniques being developed to recharge tech by harnessing the energy produced by the regular movement of the user.
    PWS and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I'm starting to think part of my problem is that I'm a software engineer and I'm looking at these issues too analytically. Reading these comments about charging stations (which I must have overlooked) just has me thinking that with such advanced technology they should have better ways to charge androids. There are already techniques being developed to recharge tech by harnessing the energy produced by the regular movement of the user.
    LOL :-)

I just "go with the flow" on technical issues. But let them mess up the continuity and I'm all over it :-)
    PWS likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast