+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: All Talk Shows

FORT Fogey

Re: All Talk Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE Shoepie. I DVR/TIVO EVERYTHING I watch, and it has totally changed the way I watch tv! Love the way you can FF through all the commercials, clapping, and all the other annoying, boring, or uninteresting, stuff, etc. Not to mention the mute button. And the slow motion and/or replay button for all the FABULOUS stuff you just HAVE to see AGAIN. Not to mention being able to watch what you want, whenever you want --- Love it.

And speaking of night time talk shows, has anyone else discovered Alex Baldwin's new Friday night on CNN talk show. I was very pleasantly surprised that it's really quite good. No fanfare. Just Alex Baldwin sitting in a cafe booth having an intelligent, interesting conversation with his guest. Very similar, in a way, to Charlie Rose and Tavis Smiley's talk shows. Just conversation about relevant and interesting topics. And of course, for fun, silly, over-the-top fun, I do love Andy Cohen's Watch What Happen Live -- but only when he's got guests on who I am interested in watching.
    ...........and all the hugs and air kisses. It takes serious time on The View and The Talk with all those hosts.

I miss Oprah.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I miss Oprah.
    I don't. At all.

I tried to watch Ellen today because Kerry Washington and David Morrissey were on and, of course, she pulled out more of her schtick - fake magazine covers for Kerry and stupid eye patches for David, along with a staff member in a costume to scare him. LAME. Just confirmed for me that her show is just unwatchable.

I do check listings to see if any shows have guests I'm interested in seeing and, for the most part, even if I don't like the host, I can watch the interview. Not the case with Ellen. It's just silly and juvenile.

I'll watch Craig Ferguson no matter who he's got on. Love him.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Cant stand Craig Ferguson .He thinks he is funny, so I don't have to.

Kerry was on Ellen ( I cant remember when) not that long ago . I think she was pregnant when she was on the show, she still looked like a lollipop head.
    Love Scandal though
    -Andy Rooney-

I miss Oprah.
    I liked her back in the day, but over the years I think she lost touch with most of her audience. I recall watching an episode where she was raving about some new clothing line and how beautiful and affordable it was. Out of curiosity I looked it up and shirts alone were selling in the $300 range. How on earth could she honestly think that would be "affordable" to her typical viewer!? It's not like the woman grew up wealthy, when did she forget how "real" people live!?
    Punkin, Florimel and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I liked her back in the day, but over the years I think she lost touch with most of her audience. I recall watching an episode where she was raving about some new clothing line and how beautiful and affordable it was. Out of curiosity I looked it up and shirts alone were selling in the $300 range. How on earth could she honestly think that would be "affordable" to her typical viewer!? It's not like the woman grew up wealthy, when did she forget how "real" people live!?
    She lost herself, but she made a comeback. I love her, I always have and always will .Everyone that has a successful show seems to lose it for awhile..I love OWN at least I have that
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Cant stand Craig Ferguson .He thinks he is funny, so I don't have to.
    UGH! Nor can I. He's as annoying as hell with all his stupid quips. Every time a guest makes a comment, he comes back with a stupid quip or phrase, continously interrupting the flow of conversation.

HATE. HIS. SHOW.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Sorry, I LOOOOOOVE Craig Ferguson. He's the only talk show host I consistently enjoy. His show is about him having a conversation with the guest rather than giving them a platform to plug whatever project they want to plug, which I find boring. He just cares about having a good time with his guests. Plus, he's the only late night host who regularly has authors on his show.

Also, he's "wicked smaht." He didn't just wrote one book, he wrote two....and neither sounds like a stand-up routine.

I will say that, when I remember to watch, I enjoy Conan as well. I can't even stomach Leno. Talk about someone who thinks his own jokes are funny.
    Florimel and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I have to chuckle at how we all have our 'faves' -- and then there are the talk shows we sorta-kinda like, and the ones we tolerate when they have a guest on who we want to see, and the ones we don't like but we'll watch maybe one short segment if a favorite guest is on, and of course, the ones you couldn't pay us to watch! And they're all different for each of us. Different strokes!

PS AcookerTV - Oops! You're right about Alec Baldwin being on MSNBC.

I stopped watching the night time ones when the Conan fiasco happened. I liked Conan the best and don't get real cable and can't watch him. Anytime I'm up that late now flipping around channels I always end up shutting off the TV because I can't stand Leno and Dave doesn't really do it for me either and whoever is in that slot on my other channel is clearly forgettable. Conan was my favorite.

+ Reply to Thread