+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Masters of Sex on Showtime

Re: Masters of Sex on Showtime

I really like this show, but I gave up Showtime. I"m not sure I will get it back. I've decided to not watch Homeland anymore. I do enjoy Ray Donovan though. I'll consider it. I got fed up with the costs by Time Warner. I'm paying more than double for the same thing I had 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's scandalous. lol

I hear about some people watching on Netflicks. How does that work?

I also am binge watching and at the last 2 episodes of the first season. I was confused as to why Dr Masters was so angry at Ethan. At first I thought maybe he thought Ethan had slept with Libby and maybe she was pregnant with HIS child. But then saw a "previously on" at the beginning of an episode and realized they were using Dr. Masters frozen sperm for the "capping" to get her pregnant against his wishes. So that was why? I guess also b/c he was back in a relationship with Virginia as well. I love this show!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I also am binge watching and at the last 2 episodes of the first season. I was confused as to why Dr Masters was so angry at Ethan. At first I thought maybe he thought Ethan had slept with Libby and maybe she was pregnant with HIS child. But then saw a "previously on" at the beginning of an episode and realized they were using Dr. Masters frozen sperm for the "capping" to get her pregnant against his wishes. So that was why? I guess also b/c he was back in a relationship with Virginia as well. I love this show!
    I love this show too! And I can't wait for season 2!

I don't have the answer to your question, PGM35, and I'm going to go back and re-watch some of those last episodes too. But my guess is that Dr. Masters realized (too late, he thought) that he was in love with Libby, and any other man having a relationship with her was going to incur his wrath. And the fact that he was so excruciatingly repressed and controlling probably didn't help matters either.

Also, I think that because the series is based on their real lives, so I don't think the powers-that-be would stray too much from what actually happened. There's quite a bit of info on them both on the web, so you could actually find out some of what really happened about whether Libby had a child with either of them or not.
    Debb70 likes this.

Spoiler below for facts about the real life people from this show.
    Click to see Spoiler:

I read an article about the real life son of Dr. Masters and his wife on this show. In adult life he has some serious sexual issues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...e_n_1860616.ht

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Just heard Allison Janney say that Masters of Sex season 2 will be starting in July. Yay!

*bump*

The season 2 premiere was last night. Did anyone else watch?

As much as I love Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen - and I really do love them - Beau Bridges and Allison Janney owned this episode for me. I was a fan before this show, but I'm amazed at how much deeper their performances are than anything I've seen either of them do. There were several scenes that practically had me holding my breath. That scene in the bedroom was so good. So raw and real. There are so many excellent actors on this show, not just the leads. So many great supporting performances too.

As much as I enjoy Langham as a character, I also enjoyed his wife flipping out on the hospital PA as he cowered in his office. He totally deserved that.

I hadn't realized how much I missed this show. I'm so glad it's back.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh goodie! I love Beau Bridges too. Last season, his story line was so interesting. I'm glad he's still around. I'm still not watching this season as I don't have Showtime, but enjoy seeing the previews and I'll be following this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12