+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Dracula - NBC

Re: Dracula - NBC

I just started watching this series a week ago. My GF is a wiccan, so she loves this stuff (as do I), especially sexy vampires who are smart, have something worthwhile to say, and arent teenagers.
    I watched the first 8 episodes yesterday, as my cable provider has it On Demand.

Im really impressed with the production values. Even moreso, I find the acting, character development and general writing top-knotch. Also, Im glad the storyline revolved around the Order. Theres a lot of little nuances that make this Dracula story legit.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    I just started watching this series a week ago. My GF is a wiccan, so she loves this stuff (as do I), especially sexy vampires who are smart, have something worthwhile to say, and arent teenagers.
    I watched the first 8 episodes yesterday, as my cable provider has it On Demand.

Im really impressed with the production values. Even moreso, I find the acting, character development and general writing top-knotch. Also, Im glad the storyline revolved around the Order. Theres a lot of little nuances that make this Dracula story legit.
    The bolded part about sums it up for me too.

I'm rather sad about, but also looking forward to the season finale this Friday. Luckily, writer / producer of the show, Cole Hadden, tweeted on Sunday that there's a good chance there will be a season 2. That would make me ever so happy. There's still a lot of storylines they can explore with this series.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I really hope for a Season 2! There has to be! There is so much left to explore! I didn't realize until today that JRM is also a producer of the show.

I felt bad for Lucy. I wonder what's going to happen to her now that she's a vampire. I'd love to see her take down Lady Jane lol. Season finale looks like its going to be fantastic!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I really hope for a Season 2! There has to be! There is so much left to explore! I didn't realize until today that JRM is also a producer of the show.

I felt bad for Lucy. I wonder what's going to happen to her now that she's a vampire. I'd love to see her take down Lady Jane lol. Season finale looks like its going to be fantastic!
    I think there are some good possibilities for Lucy as a vampire. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic between her and Alexander / Dracula...as we recall, he never seemed to have much use for her since she was always interrupting his attempts to get close to Mina. So with them both being immortal now, things should get interesting. Also, what will be the dynamic between Lucy and Lady Jane now...I'm sensing Lucy will be looking for some sort of revenge since Lady Jane deceived her...anyway...can't wait for this Friday's show...it's gonna be so GOOD!!

I'm so happy that it looks like Jane is gone. The character was ok to me but something just felt off about her and it could have been the acting.

Kick. Ass. Season. Finale.

From start to finish, plot twists and turns galore! I personally, was sad to see Lady Jane go but that whole scene was EPIC. Would have been interesting had he "turned" her. Van Helsing and Browning's kids and the subsequent action that followed???? Wowsers.

My heart was broken when that happened to Renfield. Although I don't think he's gone. I think he'll be back on a possible season two.

How much do I hate that turncoat, Harker? Let me count the ways...GRRRRR!!!

Mina and Grayson....be still my beating heart, that was lovely...I teared up. Yes I did...awwwwww!!!

Awesome, awesome season finale. Now I just wish NBC would hurry up and announce whether or not there will be a season two and how long we'll have to wait for it to start.

Sigh...
    causingchaos and mesachick like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am still trying to catch up with the episodes....I've not fallen off the interest chart! I had about 5 episodes on my DVR, most of which I had watched, but rewatched and I am glad I did! This is such a sexy show!

I've still not watched the most recent episode, but I hope to get over that bar today!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am still trying to catch up with the episodes....I've not fallen off the interest chart! I had about 5 episodes on my DVR, most of which I had watched, but rewatched and I am glad I did! This is such a sexy show!

I've still not watched the most recent episode, but I hope to get over that bar today!
    Oops! Sorry I've been posting spoilers...hope I haven't ruined it for you. I've just been so excited about each and every episode that it's been hard to keep my mouth shut.

It is a sexy show, so beautifully written, filmed and acted. We want more!

Anyway, enjoy the season finale...it was AMAZING.

I agree - a very sexy show!

Season finale was fantastic! Dracula is going to be all over Van Helsing now regarding what he did to Renfield. I too hope he didn't die. I still feel bad for Harker. He's just dumb and continues to allow himself to be manipulated by everyone around him. Was great to see Grayson and Mina finally get together. Hot Hot Hot!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Nonzo Anozie who plays Renfield has a part in the new Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit movie. I was nicely surprised to see that he also played Iorek Byrinson in The Golden Compass. He was also in Ender's Game this year.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread