+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Dracula - NBC

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Dracula - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I might have thought that this show was a dog if I hadn't watched it past the first episode. I had a bit of trouble getting into it. I am glad I stayed, though. I have not been, at all, disappointed!
    I saw an interview with Jonathan Rhys Meyers regarding the show before it debuted and he said the first episode was one that would introduce us to the characters and set up the background for the overall plot of the show. And thats what it did.

I find with any new show the first episode often leaves me underwhelmed. But once I become familiar with the characters and form an emotional connection either way, it makes all the difference for me.

Although I've been enjoying the show since episode one, episode five proved a real turning point for me. It was that damned good. It was the episode that made me officially addicted. That dance scene between Alexander (Dracula) and Mina, or " The Devil's Waltz" as it was aptly named, drove home the chemistry between the two of them. It was a mix of awkwardness that culminated into such intensity by the end of it that it threw the rest of the characters into emotional tailspins for different reasons.

I can't wait for more of this show.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 12-12-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Dupicate post deleted

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's almost Friday, January 3!!!!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

YES! YES! YES! You, me and millions of other Drackys are waiting with baited breath for its return!!!

I sneaked a look-see and watched the previews for both episode 8 and 9 on the UK channel, Sky Living, and let's just say, I am even that much more excited for what's coming in future episodes!!!

This has been the longest wait for television show to return---EVER! Four bloody weeks...well that all ends in three days when our beloved, master, DRACULA returns to my television screen!

Ahhh, such good television. After a three-week hiatus, last night's episode did not disappoint. Holy twists and turns, Batman, last night was a good one! I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode. Dracula stubbornly trying to act like a "normal" man and arrogantly going hours and hours without blood feeding, resulting in him becoming sick?? Harker possibly joined / joining The Order? The Dresden Tryptich painting stolen after Renfield purchased it? The Order causing chaos at Alexander's electricity demonstration by poisoning the milk and having the event shut down?

Oh there will be HELL to pay for The Order these few remaining episodes of the season. Hell, I tell ya! AHHHHHH, love this show so much!

Harker is starting to piss me off! Of course I realize he's being completely manipulated by everyone lol. But to leave the woman you *love* in a hospital bed, kill someone and then sleep with your fiancée's best friend in the span of a few hours? Man is losing his mind lol.

I really do love this show. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the best Dracula ever!

I wonder what Van Helsing did with Browing's kids.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Harker is starting to piss me off! Of course I realize he's being completely manipulated by everyone lol. But to leave the woman you *love* in a hospital bed, kill someone and then sleep with your fiancée's best friend in the span of a few hours? Man is losing his mind lol.

I really do love this show. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the best Dracula ever!

I wonder what Van Helsing did with Browing's kids.
    Amazing amazing show! I don't know how I'll survive after the last episode airs in a couple of weeks.

Harker is BEYOND stupid, but then Dracula has been manipulating him and playing him like a fiddle this whole time, so...

In a way though, I can see where he was coming from in shooting Davenport... I don't think he was actually going to go through with it, but then the realisation of Alexander / Mina connection and the idea that Lucy played up his fears by telling him Mina has been going to Carfax Manor to visit Alexander behind his back...and then The Order's role in it by telling him about the Dresden Tryptich...Harker shooting Davenport was an act of hopelessness and desperation. And then after the fact thinking he'd lost Mina, I guess he figured he could find comfort in another woman's arms as well as get back at his fiance for "hurting " him at the same time.

Either way...what a KICKASS episode last week was. And this weeks episode promises to be even better.

I agree, JRM makes a FANTASTIC Dracula. But then, considering he played the hell out of his role as Henry VII, I'm not the least bit surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 01-14-2014 at 11:27 AM.

I never thought I'd swoon over Dracula - but I am!!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I never thought I'd swoon over Dracula - but I am!!
    I also swooned over Gary Oldman's version of Dracula back in the '90's. And now, JRM's version too....

Last night's show was AWESOME!! I'm still out of breath over that...whew!

One more episode left this season and I'm already going through withdrawals...
    causingchaos and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread