+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Dracula - NBC

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Dracula - NBC

Great episode last night. Each new episode has shown more and more character development. I like the development of the "love triangle" between Alexander / Mina / Jonathan. Interesting that Alexander encouraged Jonathan to go back to Mina. I guess it's all a part of his strategy.

Interesting how Alexander covered his tracks by having the seers killed, yet having an alibi (him being with Lady Jane at the time) to make it look like he had nothing to do with their deaths.

Looking forward to next week.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have watched this episode twice, once with captions and once with, and I still am confused about what the heck is going on!! Somebody (bee) help me!!!

Why did the guy have to agree to be killed? At least I learned a new word: alienist.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have watched this episode twice, once with captions and once with, and I still am confused about what the heck is going on!! Somebody (bee) help me!!!

Why did the guy have to agree to be killed? At least I learned a new word: alienist.
    What I understood it be was stemming from letting Alexander Grayson (Dracula) blackmail him into selling him his shares of the powerful oil company. Remember last week's episode when Alexander found him and his gay lover kissing at the club and then said he would use what he saw to destroy him and his reputation if he didn't sell him his stocks? Well, the guy who sold the stocks to Alexander was killed as a way of being punished for acting for his own good instead of acting in the best interests of the company itself.

When he was asked to fess up as a last resort to having his life spared, he refused, because he didn't want to admit to homosexual acts, probably as a way of sparing his lover. As a result, he rather let the company think he frivolously sold his shares.

At least that's what I got from it, anyway.

You are making a lot of sense! I must have had a brain fart in the previous episode. I saw that he ran across the men at the gay club, but I don't remember him telling him he was going to use it against him.

Thanks! I knew you were the "go to" woman!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You are making a lot of sense! I must have had a brain fart in the previous episode. I saw that he ran across the men at the gay club, but I don't remember him telling him he was going to use it against him.

Thanks! I knew you were the "go to" woman!
    I tried, at least. Hahaha

From the previous episode, I came away with the thought that Grayson had assured the gay guy that he had his back and would not tell his secret and that it did not matter to him. With the looks they were giving each other, your recounting made a lot more sense. I must have missed a turn of phrase.

If it's still there, I'm going to go back and see the episode prior to this one again.

From the previous episode, I came away with the thought that Grayson had assured the gay guy that he had his back and would not tell his secret and that it did not matter to him. With the looks they were giving each other, your recounting made a lot more sense. I must have missed a turn of phrase.

If it's still there, I'm going to go back and see the episode prior to this one again.
    Oh, Grayson definitely made it clear that the condition of him not telling the man's secret was that he sell him his shares.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

I am so loving this show and like how the plot is building each week. I like how Alexander is using Jonathan Harker, catering to his every whim, elevating him as his most prized employee etc., all in his efforts to get closer to Mina.

And now that The Order managed to capture Renfield, they're going to be laying quite a beating on him to make him tell them Dracula's weaknesses. But I'm sure he'll refuse to tell them anything because of his loyalty to Dracula.

Next week's episode looks interesting too.

I am enjoying the twist they've put on things. Great show.

I'm liking it more too. The music is still a little jarring. I fell asleep before it last night and ended up watching it on my computer this morning so I like having that option.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I'm liking it more too. The music is still a little jarring. I fell asleep before it last night and ended up watching it on my computer this morning so I like having that option.
    I love the music. There's a certain piece of signature music played for effect every time Alexander / Mina are in the same room together. Very subtle and soft, yet very effective. Like when the engineer was testing the machines and they blew up and Alexander grabbed Mina and embraced her tightly to protect her that piece of music started playing and I was like awwww! LOL I really felt the connection between them. He held her with such despearate grip and one could see the angst and longing for her on his face. I thought the entire scene was lovely.

I love how he's playing Lady Jane, she's more smitten with him than she cares to admit, but he's very aware and is playing it up BIG time.

+ Reply to Thread