+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Dracula - NBC

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Dracula - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Didn't see the first episode, but I plan to catch the second. May try to find the first episode online.
    You should. I think it's worth watching.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watched it, and will definitely revisit.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Okay, I'm sold. LOVED it! Jonathan Rhys Meyers makes the perfect Dracula, imo. I stake my life (pun intended ) on it being cancelled, since this is NBC we're talking about here. So I plan to simply enjoy it while it lasts.
    I love Jonathan as well, but I'm still on the fence about the show. The female characters aren't reeling me in. Mina is bland. The blonde that he made out with just didn't impress me either.

I'll give them another go!

Great! Like I need another hunky show to keep on top of!

(Scandal, Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon A Time, and Tribble on New Atlanta!)
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I actually enjoyed the show. Jonathan really does make a perfect Dracula. It's got some good twists and turns in it already. It's on my DVR now. Not a favorite show yet, but I'll definitely keep watching for now.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I am sooooo tired of TV Vampires. That said, I wanted to watch this show because Jonathan Rhys Meyers is awesome. who knew Henry VIII was so hot? But I missed the first episode. I will have to start DVR-ing it.

I want to like it and I may watch it again, but, I think I am getting burnt out on vampires.

Surprisingly enough Dracula did well in the ratings even better than Grimm and that is in the dreaded Friday night 10 pm slot.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought Johnathan was an excellent choice of casting for this show. He does the alpha male dominant sort of characters so well.

And I watched the first episode. Actually I made a very real effort to watch it based on the previews and if around I'll watch the next episode but I'm probably only going to give this a couple shots and if it doesn't start moving (somewhere...anywhere) I'll give up on it.

I think my main issues were the female characters are generic and bland. I had no buy in with any of these lady characters. His faux american accent was distracting. I get it. I get why he does it but I'd be bought into the character and then blammo shook right out of it. I wanted a little more of an overview of the story line as a whole the first episode. My issue with first episodes is that they so frequently pack in every single character in that first showing and this show did that in spades. If I never see another ball I'd be happy. And the previews implied my favorite things were going to occur: sex, intrigue and violence. Minimal of all happened. This show was advertised to be a lot more sexy than it turned out to be. Granted I was spoiled by the Tudors in that department. But I was just left feeling meh about that part of it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, it IS on national network TV. There's only so much they are going to do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Looking forward to my Friday night dose of Dracula tomorrow.
    mesachick likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread