+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Dracula - NBC

Re: Dracula - NBC

I like shows with a dark side to it - that's what drew me to this show. The line is blurred a bit. Is he a monster or is he doing what he needs to survive? Clearly becoming a vampire was not his choice.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Cancelled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sucks.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Disappointed....immensely. I love period shows and this show fulfilled that for me.

The crazy part about it is...the show is set to begin airing in the Middle East at the end of this month...why bother getting more audiences invested in a show that ends with so many loose ends when the show is now cancelled?

Greedy NBC milking it for all its worth. Smdh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 05-11-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't help but wonder if the problems of the producer/star are a part of why the show was cancelled. I certainly don't see it being about the storyline.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the problems of the producer/star are a part of why the show was cancelled. I certainly don't see it being about the storyline.
    Nah....JRM is currently appears to be doing fine, getting ready to film a new movie with Jeremy Irons, Vanessa Redgrave and Jessica Chastain, in fact. At the end of the day, this boils down to NBC's lack of foresight, zero promotion of the show, yanking the schedule around, random 4-week hiatuses etc, and utter disregard for the show's demographic in general. It's the same thing Parenthood is going through with them right now...too many scheduling changes. Hell, they even want the cast of that show to take a pay cut and reduce the season to only 12 episodes. Craig T. Nelson is understandably disgusted with them.

Also, things supposedly came down to renewing either Hannibal, or Dracula. Both shows are International co-productions between NBC / Sky Living UK, and apparently at the end of the day, Hannibal was the cheaper show to produce tax-wise. That, and it is highly-regarded by NBC for it's apparent critical acclaim. So they chose to renew it, instead.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh well....I have never been a big NBC fan, anyway. They can go kick rocks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Oh well....I have never been a big NBC fan, anyway. They can go kick rocks.
    I hear ya there. I'd been boycotting them for years (was still seething over the cancellation of Lipstick Jungle about six years ago) and had only "UNboycotted" them for the sake of Dracula. Now that they've taken that from me, my full boycott of them is back on.

Good riddance to a rubbish network.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Nah....JRM is currently appears to be doing fine, getting ready to film a new movie with Jeremy Irons, Vanessa Redgrave and Jessica Chastain, in fact. At the end of the day, this boils down to NBC's lack of foresight, zero promotion of the show, yanking the schedule around, random 4-week hiatuses etc, and utter disregard for the show's demographic in general. It's the same thing Parenthood is going through with them right now...too many scheduling changes. Hell, they even want the cast of that show to take a pay cut and reduce the season to only 12 episodes. Craig T. Nelson is understandably disgusted with them.

Also, things supposedly came down to renewing either Hannibal, or Dracula. Both shows are International co-productions between NBC / Sky Living UK, and apparently at the end of the day, Hannibal was the cheaper show to produce tax-wise. That, and it is highly-regarded by NBC for it's apparent critical acclaim. So they chose to renew it, instead.
    The show was on Friday, the producers and NBC were trying to tap into the same audience that likes Grimm. Dracula stayed in it's time slot and same day so it was easy to find. It was a 10 episode mini series that ran the first 6 episodes in consecutive weeks took the normal Christmas/New Year hiatus all TV shows do because the audience is out visiting families and the ratings would have sucked if it had aired at that time. Then NBC again aired the last 4 episodes consecutively. That fact that NBC placed Dracula (a niche supernatural show) right after it's other hit niche supernatural show was actually a big plus and help as the idea was for the Grimm audience to be held over for Dracula. I think the mistake was that while Grimm really appeals to the young male demographic of 18 -25, the idea of Dracula, vampires and romance appeals more to women then young males.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-11-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Ratings - "Grimm" Is Up 15% Week to Week in 18-49 to Match Its Top Rating Since December 6 | TheFutonCritic.com

[quote] "Grimm" (1.5/5 in 18-49, 5.7 million viewers overall at 9 p.m. ET) is up 15% week to week in 18-49 (to a 1.5 from a 1.3), to match its top rating since Dec. 6. In total viewers, the week-to-week gain is 7% (5.689 million vs. 5.335 million). With its 1.5 rating, "Grimm" tied for the #1 scripted rating of the night on the Big 4 (equaling Fox's "Bones" and CBS's "Hawaii Five-0").

Note that "Grimm" is a heavily time-shifted series, with fourth-quarter originals nearly doubling in "live plus seven day" vs. "live plus same day" in 18-49 (+93%, to a 2.7 from a 1.4). The Dec. 13 "Grimm" telecast grew by +117% going from these next-day L+SD results to L+7 figures (to a 2.6 from a 1.2).

"Dracula" (0.9/3 in 18-49, 2.9 million viewers overall at 10 p.m. ET) is up week to week by 0.2 of a point or 29% in adults 18-49 (to a 0.9 from a 0.7), to equal its average rating for the show's prior six episodes. In total viewers, "Dracula" grew week to week by 16% (2.860 million vs. 2.468 million). L+7 Time-Shifting: Fourth-quarter originals of "Dracula" grew 67% in "live plus seven day" vs. "live plus same day" in 18-49 (to a 2.0 from a 1.2).

Read more at Ratings - "Grimm" Is Up 15% Week to Week in 18-49 to Match Its Top Rating Since December 6 | TheFutonCritic.com[quote]

Dracula was not keeping the Grimm audience at all. While 2+ million viewers is considered a hit on cable TV this is network.

+ Reply to Thread