+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Witches of East End (Lifetime)

Re: Witches of East End (Lifetime)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Who is the actor playing Victor, their father? I swear I recognize him but can't figure from where.

I am quite liking all the twists in the recent episodes and will be sad when the finale airs this weekend. Even my DH likes this show. I tease him that I will tell all his friends that he watches a chick soap about witches on Lifetime!

Victor is played by Joel Gretsch; his roles include Tom Baldwin on the USA Network series The 4400, Owen Crawford in Steven Spielberg's 2002 science fiction miniseries Taken and Father Jack Landry on V.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Father Jack Landry on V
    Aha!!!! Father McSteamy!! It's all coming back to me now.....

Off topic tangent - I can't help but wonder if now, with so much mainstream acceptance of sci-fi on TV, if the V reboot wouldn't have done better. I guess it was ahead of its time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Lifetime is airing all this season's episodes leading up to the finale.

Episode 9 - A Parching Imbued - 12/01/13

Best scene of the episode is watching Dash's mother Penelope give the toast at the rehearsal dinner and knowing she is the shapeshifter you relish every nuance of the double meaning of each sentence.

Wow, we meet the girls father, Victor and given a tiny hint of why or why not he is not in the girls life. Joanna a bit over protective and controlling??? Well we at least know the shapeshifter means to kill him.

Mark...exactly who is he? Ingrid has the most awful luck with men in her life. Can't meet one, meets one and he dies, next one puts and ax in his leg. Girl can't catch a break.

Why did Joanna and Wendy put out a painting that anyone had access too?? Over confident much? or simply dumb?

Luving Virginia Madsen as Penelope aka the Shapeshifter. I think the actors who play the villain can give free rein to all that pent up rage and revenge and it can be so delightful to watch.

Episode 10 - Oh, What a World! - 12/15/13 - Season 1 Finale

That was a fun finale, enough story arcs completed, yet elegantly merging into new story threads:

Penelope fried and releasing the powers she has stolen back into Dash, Killian and Freya. Liked the burn effect on Penelope and the similar burning rib cage effect when their powers return to the three.

Liked that the writers decided to milk the fried effect with Mark ... he he he ... that was cute. Is that Frederik climbing out of the portal???

Luved how Wendy and Joanna worked together to defeat Penelope even while Joanna is poisoned. Then that beautiful scene with Wendy, Joanna and Ingrid all sitting on the floor raising their arms to guard their eyes from the glare of the portal.

The symmetry continues with Dash attacking Killian and Freya thinking Killian has sailed away not even aware that he might be dead. A great way to wrap up a season yet leave us hanging. Bravo, Lifetime, you got it right.
    Arielflies likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm so happy to see Enver Gjokaj on a show I watch. He's so talented. Hopefully, he'll get more to do than sit in the library and moon over Ingrid.
    I loved him on Dollhouse and I get excited whenever he pops up on something else I watch, which isn't often.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I really enjoy this show and hope the wait for the new season isn't a year away. Even though Athena/Penelope is dead, you just know daddy Archibald will be coming out of that portal for revenge!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I thought this was a very satisfying finale. Old stuff wrapped up, new stuff started. I like the idea of Dash and Killian having powers.
    This is a fun show. I'm glad it's been renewed and look forward to another soapy season!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I saw the actress who played Dash and Killian's mother in an indie movie recently and SURPRISE! she played a witch, but a good witch. It took awhile into the movie before I could adjust my thinking about her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ok. I'm confused. The mother destroyed the serpent key that was the only way to open the portal. So.....Ingrid just touched it and BAM it opened? Either I missef something big or the writers goofed.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast