+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Starts tonight! I am not ashamed to say I am scared just in the anticipation LOL. With Survivor and Glee (The Quarterback) on tonight, I will have to wait to watch it tomorrow though. I can't wait! Love that a lot of the original cast is still on!
    Last edited by waywyrd; 11-02-2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (AMC)

I will say that it is a bit different from the previous two seasons, yet still engaging. It is so nice to see many of the first season cast return for this season, and it's rightfully scary in the right places. And as far as some of the reasons why they're in the Coven (at least as far as their powers).... well, those are definitely twisted and different.

The only problem is the teaser for the season did IMHO reveal what some of the stories were (based on the titles I've read online). I am hoping however it's not only four episodes though as I've seen... even this premise won't fit that area.

My ONLY question is what was the little teaser in "AHS: Asylum" that lead to the reveal of what this season was going to be?

I'll have to catch up. Can't believe I missed this last night.

LOVED this show. Kathy Bates is an awesome addition! So glad Violet (cant remember her name lol) is back! This may be my favorite season yet!

I took my sleep aid before watching. I can only remember a few bits of the show. I'm going to have to go back and watch it on demand because I need to pay attention!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    LOVED this show. Kathy Bates is an awesome addition! So glad Violet (cant remember her name lol) is back! This may be my favorite season yet!
    Taissa Farmiga was Violet in season 1 and Zoe this season.

I am also happy to see Jamie Brewer return, and this time in the role of Nan. They need an innocent spirit (so to speak) in the season, and she'll provide it IMHO, similar to how Pepper was in the second season.

It took a moment but I finally realized Lily Rabe is the witch who was burned supposedly at the stake (or I think so - who knows with this group).

And Angela Bassett is such a wonderfully dark voodoo supreme.

As far as Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates... well, I can't add much more to their portrayals. I will say Bates is proving a lot of nay sayers about her work wrong.

I do like the casting for this season of the show. There are so many ways to go over the top this season - even more so than the past two - but it looks like right now they're staying on that nice thin rope without falling off.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It was an okay opener. Waaaaay too much emphasis on rape. A bit "liberal" with history as Marie Laveau didn't actually interact with Madam LaLaurie, but that is kinda creative. Lange was awesome, so I'll stick around for a few more eps, but if the rape trope comes into play as much as it did in S1 and S2, I'm going to pass on any more Ryan Murphy productions. It connotes serious issues with understanding women. Other stuff scares us. Like intruders, fires, sickness, and unemployment. Maybe a bit like what scares dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    It was an okay opener. Waaaaay too much emphasis on rape. A bit "liberal" with history as Marie Laveau didn't actually interact with Madam LaLaurie, but that is kinda creative. Lange was awesome, so I'll stick around for a few more eps, but if the rape trope comes into play as much as it did in S1 and S2, I'm going to pass on any more Ryan Murphy productions. It connotes serious issues with understanding women. Other stuff scares us. Like intruders, fires, sickness, and unemployment. Maybe a bit like what scares dudes.
    I agree, but of note this one is different because it's being used as a weapon by the woman and not so much the woman being the victim.

Still, it IS way overused and given the history of this particular season's show, they can do a whole lot more terror - such as the burning at the stake, the drowning test, etc.

FORT Fanatic

Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange knocked it out of the ballpark as usual, and i love seeing actors from past seasons. Not so sure about the storyline tho....will have to wait for more.

I was skeptical of the Coven theme, but I enjoyed the first episode very much. The opening sequence was really difficult to watch. I did not realize Madame LaLaurie was based on a real person. I laughed when she was introducing her similarly named daughters, but I looked her up and she really had daughters named as such!

I really hope Zoe's talent turns out to be more interesting than simply killing men with sex.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast