+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

This show is definitely getting wierd. Instead of banding together to go after the witch hunters as a true coven, they're busy bickering amongst themselves for power of the Supreme. This is the worst Coven ever. No one is watching or teaching these kids at all - no wonder they're out of control.

When Cordelia was upset she said she lost her powers. I thought that when her sight was restored, she just lost her new power of "sight" but now she makes it sound like she lost all her powers?

And I certainly hope Misty Day can get her own self out of that crypt. She's not much of a witch (or potential Supreme) if she can't.

At this rate, whoever does end up the Supreme, won't have much of a Coven to preside over.

I did like the backstory of Marie Laveau.

Have we seen the last of LaLaurie?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    This show is definitely getting wierd. Instead of banding together to go after the witch hunters as a true coven, they're busy bickering amongst themselves for power of the Supreme. This is the worst Coven ever. No one is watching or teaching these kids at all - no wonder they're out of control.

When Cordelia was upset she said she lost her powers. I thought that when her sight was restored, she just lost her new power of "sight" but now she makes it sound like she lost all her powers?

And I certainly hope Misty Day can get her own self out of that crypt. She's not much of a witch (or potential Supreme) if she can't.

At this rate, whoever does end up the Supreme, won't have much of a Coven to preside over.

I did like the backstory of Marie Laveau.

Have we seen the last of LaLaurie?
    I've noticed that too in regard to the coven... but that may be the point, as in seasons past they have had EVERY principle character die... who knows?

As far as LaLaurie
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She is back next week, and apparently there is more of her story released, given that the woman was a real person apparently and just one day disappeared.

I do agree though - I missed LaLaurie, and a lot of that has to do with Bates' portrayal. She is definitely an underrated actress - saw her in "Titanic" again and she as one of the better parts in that movie.

I didn't mind the appearance by Stevie Nicks, but I thought they took up too much of the show with her singing.
    Duckyface likes this.

I think we have to remember these are competitive teenage girls wanting to be the supreme. I don't think they really are thinking it through, they just want to be the one who's the "best". Misty doesn't want it because she's more mature and level headed, but the rest of the girls are still cat fighting teen agers who want to be the queen bee.

Any thoughts on the episode last night?

I hope Cordelia actually does get her second sight back. It would stink if she stabbed her eyes out for nothing!

I really dislike watching torture scenes.

It was hilarious when, after Marie Laveau fell down the stairs, Madam LaLaurie looked at Spalding and asked if she was dead and he just said "No. She's immortal."

I think they may have found the most silent baby in the world to play the child that Marie Laveau stole.

Does anyone really think Zoe is going to escape? And why was Myrtle trying to convince her to leave? I feel like she had ulterior motives.

Why was Cordelia acting as if Queenie gained a new power by not dying? Hasn't that been her power all along? I thought she just used it in a more extreme way, so I wasn't very surprised when she showed back up. Could the new power she referred to be related to her reattaching Madame LaLaurie's head??

I still like the Axe Man. Part of me is actually rooting for him and Fiona to run off together.

I recorded the episode last night, but didn't watch, because I want to see last week's episode first, only I can't. I went to On Demand, but the ONE and ONLY episode they have available to view is an old one! The one that starts out with the witch killer hunting with his daddy. So, I don't know how I'm going to be able to see last week's episode. That where Stevie sings, right? I'm so frustrated.

They didn't rerun last week's episode either. Hmmm.....this show is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I recorded the episode last night, but didn't watch, because I want to see last week's episode first, only I can't. I went to On Demand, but the ONE and ONLY episode they have available to view is an old one! The one that starts out with the witch killer hunting with his daddy. So, I don't know how I'm going to be able to see last week's episode. That where Stevie sings, right? I'm so frustrated.

They didn't rerun last week's episode either. Hmmm.....this show is frustrating.
    I agree! I have gotten fanatical about recording it because it is SO difficult to watch if you miss an episode. Yes, last week was the one with Stevie.
    Debb70 likes this.

Why in the world would they take off all but one of the previous episodes of the show from ON Demand? It makes no sense. Maybe it was a mistake and they will correct it.

I'm totally amused to figure out that Papa Legba is being played by Lance Reddick, aka Agent Broyles from Fringe!!!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Interesting ending for Marie Laveau and Madame LaLaurie. Of course Madame LaLaurie deserved everything she got. I have more mixed feelings about Marie Laveau, but it is definitely the moral of the story when you are out for revenge and sell your soul to Papa Legba! I did think it was interesting how their immortality ended up entwined with one another.

Poor Axe Man.

I'm definitely excited about the finale next week. For some reason I thought we had a couple of episodes left. If the girls can die attempting the Wonders, they could end up with a pretty tiny coven! I think the result is going to be unexpected. I have a speculation, but I'm going to keep it to myself.

+ Reply to Thread