+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

I think the lighting and weirdness in the hospital was meant to be how Fiona was visualizing it. All was fairly normal in the waiting room...and Fiona was only a little high. But then she popped some serious heavy duty pills and chased them with something in her flask. Thats when the hospital really started getting all dark and creepy. Frankly, the fact that she was able to get into the pharmacy so easily is more disturbing As for the cloaked figure, I'm not sure who it was supposed to be. Initially I thought it was someone from the voodoo faction - but maybe not. I still think it was pretty clear though Fiona was framing Myrtle because she knew she was so close to getting busted. Queenie is the one who made Myrtle's hands scar like that. Of course who the heck knows with this show! As for the new supreme - I think Zoe seems obvious, but maybe Misty Day will still sneak in there. They said the supreme is always the picture of perfect health. That let's out both Nan and Queenie. I think even if you discount the man-made blindness, Fiona's daughter would be out too as she is infertile (or is that the husband's issue?). And finally - Jadewarlock - I'm with you. They're showing an awful lot of Madison for them not to bring her back somehow! But as for Queenie's "distraction" with the beast....I don't think she was doing that as a distraction. She was ashamed of being a virgin and thought that if no one else would have her, the beast would. I found the whole scene rather sad. Disturbing....very disturbing .......but quite sad.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fanatic

Just read that Stevie Nicks is going to make a guest appearance on the show (I know, I know----"shocker"-----But i love me some Stevie Nicks)
    waywyrd, Katydyd and inthegarden like this.

Just read an interesting spoiler about tonight's episode. Usually I save this show to savor over the weekend, but.... Oh heck, I'll be honest, usually I watch over the weekend because it's too darned creepy right before bedtime But I simply have to know "who." I just love this show!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently there is a traitor in the coven, a witch hunter. And he or she has already killed a witch.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Me too. I look forward to seeing Stevie!

I just got around to watching the Axman episode last night. I can't wait for tonight!!

I did NOT foresee the twist with Cordelia's husband working with the Marie Laveau! Wasn't the redhead he killed recently the girl we saw Cordelia interviewing in the flashback? Maybe her vision of him isn't clear enough yet for her to recognize people. I had also assumed she needed physical contact with a person, but I wonder if very close proximity is enough. When Fiona was going to help with her shirt I figured Fiona would be very careful to only touch the fabric and not her daughter. She knows she has secrets to hide!

I hope they do something with Kyle soon. His character is becoming extremely tiresome. Even if they killed him off at this point I would be a little annoyed that they didn't do it earlier in the season. He has served absolutely no purpose so far.

I wonder if Misty didn't like the house because of the witches involved in this coven, or because of the axeman, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I hope they do something with Kyle soon. His character is becoming extremely tiresome. Even if they killed him off at this point I would be a little annoyed that they didn't do it earlier in the season. He has served absolutely no purpose so far.
    Right now, it seems the only purpose is to have a male figure that's not Delia's husband... and apparently to have one semi-nude scene where the kid is running around in the buff... I guess.

I like the show, but I have this weird feeling he'll be there to save Zoe at the last minute when she's found by Fiona to be the true next supreme or something.

And note, this has NOTHING to do with Peters, who has been good in the last two series (this one and Asylum - I didn't really get to watch him in the first one). It has to do with writing.

I wonder if Misty didn't like the house because of the witches involved in this coven, or because of the axeman, or both?
    Misty reads as a peace-loving witch, and when you go to a house that has a history of war (witches vs. ax-man, the voodoo queen versus Fiona) you have bad vibes and therefore you want to go to a place of solitude.

Well that and she obviously is taking care of Myrtle, as she can't stand seeing things being hurt or killed. So, she naturally has to water the garden of Myrtle plant. (OK... not that great of a pun).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    And note, this has NOTHING to do with Peters, who has been good in the last two series (this one and Asylum - I didn't really get to watch him in the first one). It has to do with writing.
    I completely agree. I have thought his acting was great in the last two seasons.

I thought it was kind of touching when Kyle connected with Madison, but they didn't need to take it in a sexual direction. That kid has some serious issues with intimacy via his twisted mother. It seems like Kyle would be better off dealing with his issues through innocent relationships for a while. Oh well, it's not like I expect realism from this show!

I'm surprisingly liking the turn into the Fiona-Axeman story. That actor is doing an amazing job walking the line between "charismatic" and "evil axe murderer". I feel like I should hate him, but I kinda like him.

I do also like the fact that Misty has "planted" Myrtle to regenerate her!

I'm not sure how I feel about the Fiona/Axeman thing. I thought the scene in his apartment stretched out interminably long.

Also, it was unclear to me about Queenie going to visit Marie Laveau - why did she go there? how did she know even to find her? And what was her motivation for wanting to join them?

This is seriously the worst school ever. There are only 3 students and they are never supervised or have classes or anything? And color me impressed that Zoe, who just learned about her powers, now can suddenly do a complex spell to reattach the tongue. I don't know - it just seems like they're running around getting into trouble because no one is guiding them.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Also, it was unclear to me about Queenie going to visit Marie Laveau - why did she go there? how did she know even to find her? And what was her motivation for wanting to join them?
    A lot of it stems from the talk she and Delphine LaLaurie had that Queenie wouldn't be accepted in the coven because she was black. I think Queenie still has serious emotional issues and that lead her to the Voodoo house. She could have a feeling of sorts because of her power which lead her to the house and then the bait of bringing LaLaurie to the place for the Laveau to get her revenge.

Basically Queenie's motive was to feel like she belonged, which in a way is a different angle on the racism argument. (I admit I like it too because it shows racism sadly goes both ways, and LaLaurie did try to change her viewpoint, and showed she still failed). Nevermind that Nan and Zoe, not to mention Delia, treated her with respect.

I think my question is if LaLaurie is still alive because she's immortal or did Laveau reverse it to kill her for the blood?

This is seriously the worst school ever. There are only 3 students and they are never supervised or have classes or anything? And color me impressed that Zoe, who just learned about her powers, now can suddenly do a complex spell to reattach the tongue. I don't know - it just seems like they're running around getting into trouble because no one is guiding them.
    I think the whole them not learning stuff, then Zoe's miraculous tongue reattachment thing is to highlight that they're fading because they're not fighting and Zoe is possibly the one who will change all that.

She is showing a darker side too between killing Spangler and then the three-way (implied) at the end. Of course, this is going to lead to an interesting question because can she kill those that are undead?

I did like too though Madison showing and saying that there is a drawback to being revived, which I liked too because it gives a reality to the situation. Her being as thin as she is too (which they emphasized with slightly larger clothing) adds to it too.

The only other note I'll say is I'm disappointed one of the magazines has showed a HUGE spoiler of what is most likely going to happen in upcoming stories:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Entertainment Magazine cover shows Fiona, Leveau standing and LaLaurie's head on a platter. Given that a lot of shows have it where immortals must have their heads chopped off or neck broken... we know how LaLaurie will die...

... though it's likely that Misty will end up saving her or something given this show.

And not to say the character doesn't deserve anything bad that comes her way... even I know she does... it's just that she is learning forgiveness and tolerance, if just barely, but Laveau apparently cannot let go of the past. It's still a nice way to show people can change and sometimes intolerance goes both ways.

+ Reply to Thread