+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

I really enjoyed last night's episode. There was one thing I missed. I'll have to watch it again. I did miss the scene where the lead witch of the coven's daugther was blinded. How did that happen? Who did it?

Was the witch they burned the actress who played the mother on Six Feet Under?

I thought the zombies were a little old. I'm zombied out right now. I'm not sure why the witches were so concerned about the zombies. They have all these outstanding powers. So why are were they so frightened?

And why is the Kathy Bates character so afraid of things? She can't be killed right? She has been cursed with living forever by that African American witch who is also from her century, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really enjoyed last night's episode. There was one thing I missed. I'll have to watch it again. I did miss the scene where the lead witch of the coven's daugther was blinded. How did that happen? Who did it?
    She had acid - sulfuric acid - thrown into her face by a hooded figure. I *think* Fiona blames Frances Conroy's witch and that was part of the reason for the conclusion we saw.

I've never seen "Six Feet Under" so I don't know if she or Lily Rabe (who is the necromancer witch at the end of the show and also has been burned at the stake this season) were on the show. That said, Conroy has played the older maid in the first season of this show and the angel of death in the second one. Lily Rabe I think was a psychic in the first season and Mary Eunice/devil in the second one.

I thought the zombies were a little old. I'm zombied out right now. I'm not sure why the witches were so concerned about the zombies. They have all these outstanding powers. So why are were they so frightened?
    I'm guessing in this case - especially given the gruesome death of the one guy, that while they are witches, and it's obvious that they have human blood (or wouldn't be getting seen by regular doctors) they are in essence mortal and therefore can be eaten. The psychological torture, such as with LaLaurie seeing her daughters, does add to it.

And why is the Kathy Bates character so afraid of things? She can't be killed right? She has been cursed with living forever by that African American witch who is also from her century, right?
    She's from the south around the Civil War time, and - stereotypically at least, the women tended to get the vapors at the slightest of shocks.

Plus, she was buried for more than a century, saw her daughters hung in revenge for one man's murder (the minotaur - created by LaLaurie), the whole race issue (blacks are equal - far different than her time) and that would make anyone scared - especially being released in a time that is very very different from your own.

Add to is psychological torture that her choices killed her daughters - even though she was cruel to them by locking them in her chamber of horrors for that one incident earlier in the masquerade, yeah... I can see why she gets scared.

I just think they need to start teaching those girls how to be witches. I know they're young, but they were pretty wussy. And Queenie needs to get off her high horse. I know she'd been through some stuff but to go lay in bed and expect someone to wait on you while the house is under seige was a bit entitled.

And LaLaurie, for such an evil torturous b!tch sure has turned into a simpering fussypants. I'm having a bit of trouble with the dichotomy of the two LaLauries.

The best scene for me was Fiona vs the Council. She's the Supreme and she owned them like they deserved to be owned. Second best was Fiona vs. the husband.

And finally - clearly, that is the WORST hospital in the US! No staff, poor lighting, WTH??? :p
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Yeah, I think the witches are too wussy too. With those great powers, grow a pair.

I think I like this season better than any before though.

Yes, the witch that was burned was played by Frances Conroy, formerly of HBO's Six Feet Under. She was a favorite in that and is always a treat! She's one of my favorite actresses. Here's a link about her.

Frances Conroy - Biography

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I just think they need to start teaching those girls how to be witches. I know they're young, but they were pretty wussy. And Queenie needs to get off her high horse. I know she'd been through some stuff but to go lay in bed and expect someone to wait on you while the house is under seige was a bit entitled.
    In fairness - Queenie was ordered to return to bed, but you are rights most of these young girls should be taught to be witches.

At least Nan and Zoe tried to help folks in the whole fiasco.

And LaLaurie, for such an evil torturous b!tch sure has turned into a simpering fussypants. I'm having a bit of trouble with the dichotomy of the two LaLauries.
    I guess it doesn't bother me because I can see how being buried 100+ years and thinking that you're getting retribution for your sins 100 fold would turn you into an simpering woman. It could be a teaser to showing a Two-Face type character coming back, i.e. her evil side come back later on.

The best scene for me was Fiona vs the Council. She's the Supreme and she owned them like they deserved to be owned. Second best was Fiona vs. the husband.
    I agree here, and the fact that you can tell that all of them are enjoying the roles they play - not visually of course, the the feeling and realism they evoke in the scenes.

And finally - clearly, that is the WORST hospital in the US! No staff, poor lighting, WTH??? :p
    I think they were keeping in line with the weirdness of the show; however, I think truly they should've kept this closer in line to a REAL hospital to keep the twistedness of the show more accurate (or the extremes between the Phantasmagoria/magic world and the real world).

Oh and one more thing - I think we haven't seen the end of Madison the witch because they are SURE focusing a bit on her being a corpse doll for her to not return into an animated form. By now in the other seasons she'd disappeared or been turned into a ghost in the house (well, or incinerated in the furnace). She's not going to like the fact she's lost an arm though unless Misty (? - the Stevie Nicks loving witch) returns and uses the swamp mud to attach it on after bringing her back.

I agree. LaLaurie was SO evil in her early life that I am having a hard time accepting the quickness of her turnaround - especially regarding her racist attitude and her snooty/humble change. The being scared of the zombie daughters I could accept. She may not be able to die, but she could possibly still feel pain. I would imagine being ripped apart by zombies and remaining alive couldn't be a pleasant experience!

HA! I was thinking exactly the same thing. It seemed to get even worse after Fiona drugged herself up so I wasn't sure how much of it was hallucinations.

I'm not quite sure why Zoe didn't mention the swamp witch to her group. It seems like if they brought her into their coven they could have avoided this path with her reanimating Myrtle. She seemed like she just wanted a place to belong. I suppose Zoe was too worried about hiding what she and Madison did to Kyle.

It looks like Fiona's daughter may have lost her physical sight, but gained "second sight". I am interested to see where that goes and exactly what she chooses to do with her husband now that she knows what he has done!!

I am really enjoying this season. I definitely like it more than Asylum!!

It looks like Fiona's daughter may have lost her physical sight, but gained "second sight". I am interested to see where that goes and exactly what she chooses to do with her husband now that she knows what he has done!!
    This was certainly an intriguing twist!! I would like to see her regain her normal sight but also keep her new second sight.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I must have missed that part. What did her husband do?

Why was Queenie sick and sent to bed? The episode before that one showed her go outside with blood on a towel from LaLaurie and talk sweetly to that beast that LaLaurie was so afraid of. What happened with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I must have missed that part. What did her husband do?

Why was Queenie sick and sent to bed? The episode before that one showed her go outside with blood on a towel from LaLaurie and talk sweetly to that beast that LaLaurie was so afraid of. What happened with that?
    Her husband murdered a mistress after having sex with her, saying he was not himself on Halloween. He was quite brutal too - just a quick shot to the jaw with a gun. I don't know if he will be a certain character that hasn't been introduced yet, but yeah, Fiona has reasons to not like him.

Queenie was gored by the Minotaur I'm guessing after she distracts him from killing LaLaurie. What she did to distract him is a bit graphic to talk about (remember she's a voodoo doll and what she does to herself can be felt by the victim), but that's what lead to the bed rest (well that and apparently she died and Fiona had to breathe life back into her).

Thanks. I'll have to go back and watch again.

+ Reply to Thread