+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (AMC)

Crazy episode! I didn't think Fiona necessarily meant to kill Madison, she seemed surprised. I am going to guess that Madison really wasn't the next Supreme. It's probably Zoe. Disturbing episode what with the mother/son incest and Queenie masterbating to the beast. And yet, I can't wait for next week!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I hate I missed it. I think I figured out what happened. I had set my DVR, but then on Wednesday night, we had 4 power surges back to back and it must have messed it up. Shortly after the power came back on, the time warner cable on screen line up showed Unavailable for the rest of the night. I can't believe this happened! Of all shows to miss. Now, I'll have to wait until next week and record last week's and the new one and watch in order.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I don't know if this is true across the board on all cable carriers, but all 3 of this season's episodes are On Demand. FWIW, I have Cox.

I found this episode really hard to watch, but not for the content (that's a whole other kettle of fish). The weird camera angles (low, sideways, looking up) and all the fish eye lens shots made my eyes hurt and were truly distracting to me. The show has done weird shots before, but it seemed overwhelming in this episode.

I'll check On Demand, but FX is usually very slow to put them on there.

I've got Time Warner and only the first two episodes are up. I really want to see this last one you all are talking about! Grr.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I tried to set my DVR to record the show this week, but it's not scheduled to come on! Watching this show is definitely a challenge for me. I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something.

I think I know where some of the problem is...

The header for the thread is wrong the series isn't on AMC, it's on FX.

I have been able to catch all three of them, but since many folks haven't seen it yet, I'm going to put in some interesting tidbits/spoilers in a spoilers thread:

Click to see Spoiler:
    1. What we see so far as to what's happened to Madison post death is creepy, especially as the butler is also very twisted.

2. The butler is a little *too* loyal to Fiona, as you see in 1971 just before she attempts to show the seven wonders, and has some serious mental issues.

3. Nan is very sweet and in a way innocent. I think her response about the council coming and it being "them" the way she presented it - happy and yet scared, was perfect given she called them.

4. Frances Conroy is a very interesting character this time - vengeful and trying to let NOTHING stop her from getting to Fiona. I also think this is the best outfit and makeup design she's had out of all three seasons, with the maid in the first one a close second. Sorry, she was excellent as the angel of death last year but they made her a bit too dark and I felt more dowdy than her maid role.

5. The council has three larger than life witches, and they're adorable in their frankness and yes, vengance.

6. You see quite clearly that the voodoo queen simply put hates whites, and you get a good backstory as to why. I have to admit - I see where she comes from in her hatred in the opening scenes of this one.

7. I felt the appearance of Frankenboy was a bit underused this week - even with him just disappearing into the Halloween crowd. I think they should've held off on that story line until it could be looked on more next week (as this one clearly focused more on Madison's death.

8. Why Madison is not the supreme makes sense.

9. I felt the scenes with LaLaurie were also nice because it was showing a maturity and growing on the character to humbleness and politeness. She surprised Fiona, but Queenie's response was interesting because it did touch upon a reverse racism of sorts. LaLaurie thanked Queenie for saving her life - almost at the cost of her own, and Queenie basically told her "why don't you still grow up" or something to that effect. It showed to me that people can learn from their mistakes and try to heal, while others - Queenie and the voodoo queen - sometimes will NOT let go of their hatred.

Will say though it was a nice set of scenes with Bates and Lange, then Bates and Gabourey.

buglover likes this.

Also note, this is the FX station - NOT Fox Movie Channel nor that FXX that is a more risque network (yes, moreso than what we've seen on "AHS" or even "The Americans" as far as language and nudity.

It's just the regular FX channel.

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

I changed the title to FX. Hope you don't mind, mesachick!

They finally put that third episode up - I very much agree about the weird camera angles and effects. Very distracting and unnecessary. Frankenboy's mom (Mare looked terrible!) was disturbing, as was the ending. Wasn't expecting that! I wonder how the Stevie Nicks girl in the swamp is going to come into this...she can't stay out there forever.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Thanks for changing it! I wanted to but I didn't have the option. Sorry for posting it wrong to begin with - ack!

I thought this episode was just as bizarre. What is up with Cordelia's husband?? I wonder if he is a warlock. Whatever he is - he's bad! Still not sure what exactly happened to Queenie. So if Kyle isn't Kyle.... who is he lol Loved the backstory of Fiona and her contention with Myrtle. It was good to see Francis Conroy back.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread