+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (AMC)

Really upset the first episode isn't on demand. I fell asleep so I missed most of it. I will watch the 2nd even if I feel a little lost because they usually recap most during the first few minutes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I really hope Zoe's talent turns out to be more interesting than simply killing men with sex.
    Me too. I also hope more girls come in.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Really upset the first episode isn't on demand. I fell asleep so I missed most of it. I will watch the 2nd even if I feel a little lost because they usually recap most during the first few minutes.
    They are showing the first episode tonight at 9pm, right before the new episode at 10pm.

I've recorded the first episode and last night's, since they are not On Demand. I wonder why.

Such a creepy show - love it! The addition of Emma Roberts this season is pretty awesome. Love her bitchy character lol. I can't wait to see how the storyline unfolds!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Zoe's stupidity astounds me. She is the least interesting character so far for me.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

What I enjoyed about Wednesday's episode:

1. Queenie's backstory - that was really truly creepy and scary - ESPECIALLY being a living voodoo doll. It's one of the rare times I've seriously jumped back and been creeped out. They did a great job on the makeup for the burned guy as well - it was very realistic and the stages to create the effect near perfect. (I can see too why Gabourey was nominated for an Academy Award too here - even more than when she was in Precious).

2. Evan Peters is going to have a real challenge with this role with some of the curveballs they've given him for the role, but I won't spoil any of them. I do think he's doing a great job.

3. I love the temptation they've put in for using witchcraft for personal gain.

4. Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates really truly work well together and have had some great lines. My heart broke a bit for LaLaurie when she remembered her family's hangings (though I do not feel sorry or her in general). Shows a strong actress in Bates, making you feel sorry for her when she caused her own problems. Lange and Bassett too are also spectacular together.

5. I'm in agreement that right now Zoe is the only character I'm not finding interesting. I have a feeling though this will change as the series progresses.

6. Missed Nan in this one, but look forward to seeing her in the upcoming stories.

7. Misty - Lily Rabe is playing a great "hippie" type witch, and it is good that Stevie Nicks decided to let them use her songs in the series.

This is also the first series that has got me so engrossed in the episode I don't realize the time. I liked Asylum but I'd check my watch on occasion to see where they were in the hour, and the first one I didn't get to watch much.

I've watched the the first two episodes and really do like it this season. I was a little concerned that it was going to focus too much on teen witches and their teenage angst, but I think there will be enough adult drama to keep my attention.

I love Stevie Nicks, but don't think she's actually a witch. Not from what I've seen anywhere and yes, I recall the rumors over the years. Stevie's spirituality comes out clear when she does indepth interviews. She was on Master Class by Oprah and I didn't hear anything witchy. lol

Bates, Lang and Bassett are outstanding. Don't you know they had a blast with these roles! You can tell they are having fun with these characters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Reading through this thread has me curious to check out this show. After what AMC gave me in Hell on Wheels, I'm really starting to believe in AMC.

Oh Yikes! Just saw that it is on FX! Haven't watched that channel in several years. Still looking forward to it.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-19-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Reading through this thread has me curious to check out this show. After what AMC gave me in Hell on Wheels, I'm really starting to believe in AMC.

Oh Yikes! Just saw that it is on FX! Haven't watched that channel in several years. Still looking forward to it.
    Just a warning, FX seems to be TERRIBLE about making this show accessible. It is really frustrating!! We missed one episode last season because of a scheduling problem on the DVR and ended up just having to skip it because we couldn't find to to watch ANYWHERE! No OnDemand, no online, no repeats, nothing. In the first season they did run a marathon of the early episodes around Halloween, so if you are interested in watching I would keep an eye out for something like that.

+ Reply to Thread