+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Ah man if Lea Michele shows up on AHS I'm so done with that show.
    I think Ryan Murphy is smart enough to NOT do that. Not only did she and I think at least one or two others push and bully "Glee" into keeping them longer when it was planned they would be written out due to their ages, (or feels that way given they focus on them so much even now), I don't think she's a good actress.

All the actors I've seen on "AHS" are miles better than she is, and she effectively stereotyped herself staying on "Glee" for so long that she wouldn't be effective.

Which is the ONLY time I've been glad someone stereotyped an actor/actress.
    causingchaos and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I saw an interview with Lea Michele, Rachel on Glee, she said she would like to be in AHS. I hope Ryan Murphy doesn't grant that wish.
    Good God, no. If they put her on the show it really will be a Horror Story.
    Maveno likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fan

They should stop being that domestic abuser Emma Roberts on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    They should stop being that domestic abuser Emma Roberts on the show.
    I know right! I don't get why Evan is still with her.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't rule anything out when it comes to Ryan Murphy.

I've decided to pass on this season, but look forward to coming to this thread to read about it. When's the first episode?

They have recently released a preview of what Sarah Paulson's character will be, and while I can't put up a link, here is a spoiler in spoilers:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Paulson's character is a two headed woman - literally. They are Bette and Dot.And yes, to me the photo is quite disturbing, especially when you also see her in 1950s costume - correct 1950s "June Cleaver" type costume as well.

They also apparently will have some interesting freak show charters.

Apparently we may not be seeing a couple of actors who have been there since the first season as well, but I'm not sure about that yet so I'll stay quiet.

I admit I'm intrigued by the concept but they will have to be careful to not traverse into Carnivale territory or make it too dark/too light. One of the reasons I think some folks may have had trouble with "Coven" was there were a few odd places to have the lighter moments.

I don't mean, example - say having Myrtle yell "Balenciaga" before she was burned at the stake, just really, really bad places for humor. (example for me for bad humor of sorts was oddly Misty Day's terminal nightmare of cutting up a frog... it was funny to me but wasn't supposed to be and would be a bad time).

Really the best ones in my honest opinion were in the last episode of the season pretty much from the tag game (the humor was needed so we'd be shocked at what nearly happens to Zoe) to the end of the season.

They will have to be careful too though to not delve too dark either - I think Asylum got a tad too dark and even the end was far too dark save maybe Sister Jude's farewell.

I think they can do it, but they will have to work harder this season given that - despite the high viewership, "Coven" was panned by folks.

I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming season. There should be all kinds of opportunity for some really spooky stuff. I've heard there is going to be a very scary, nightmare-inducing clown. Because really, aren't all clowns just a little scary - or is that just me ?? Traveling carnivals/circuses always have that slightly dark, creepy vibe. I'm excited to see what they do with it
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Newbie

I was a Carnivale fan... sad how it "ended". :/ I'm looking forward for this season.. the witches weren't giving me enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I've heard there is going to be a very scary, nightmare-inducing clown. Because really, aren't all clowns just a little scary - or is that just me ??
    Oh no, not just you - clowns are more than a little creepy to me. Eek.

I love the dark humor and creepiness. Bring it on!
    inthegarden likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

here's a link to all the returning cast members:

It seems the only one who's iffy is Taissa Farmiga (Violet). sorry if I butchered her spelling. On a side note... of interest, she is Vera Farmigia (of The Conjuring and Bates Motel) younger sister.

‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Spoilers: ‘Freak Show’ Casting 3 New Roles
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread