+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Yeah, and after Misty went to all that trouble to mend Myrtle after she was burned at the stake. After Misty died, Myrtle just wanted to move on quickly. No one but Cordelia seemed to care much about it. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, and after Misty went to all that trouble to mend Myrtle after she was burned at the stake. After Misty died, Myrtle just wanted to move on quickly. No one but Cordelia seemed to care much about it. Go figure.
    In fairness, Cordelia considered Myrtle an aunt or close relative ... and definitely a friend when compared to the witch - literal and figurative - of a mother she had in Fiona. She'd definitely be upset with Myrtle wanting to kill herself for the greater good of the coven.

For Zoe and Queenie, she was a bit eccentric, and they weren't nearly as close, so it wouldn't affect them as much.

'Course, Myrtle could've had remorse that her rescuer died in the trials, and wanted to die so she could rescue Misty from hell and they have fun together in the afterlife... (OK, yes, I too am upset with that choice by the producers, and it would've been fun to see this because it'd fit in the weirdness of the show AND both of their humor).

maybe I missed this along the way.....Emma Roberts character had the heart defect so they claim she could be the supreme due to her heart condition she was flawed or something -- then how could Cordelia be the supreme if she could not get pregnant would she not be considered flawed?
    Debb70 likes this.

I can't recall if they ever said the exact reason she couldn't get pregnant.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I don't know. There were so many inconsistencies, contradictions, etc. that I lost count. It's frustrating. Too bad Ryan Murphy and his team didn't seem to think many things out.

Anyone know where the baby went?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    maybe I missed this along the way.....Emma Roberts character had the heart defect so they claim she could be the supreme due to her heart condition she was flawed or something -- then how could Cordelia be the supreme if she could not get pregnant would she not be considered flawed?
    You can be healthy and infertile. It just means you can't procreate.

A heart defect - overexertion among other things can kill you.

That's where they're getting the pass on the issue. And as it wasn't specifically mentioned (it just appeared this way) that Cordelia was infertile - it could've been Hank - there is a chance that she fit well in that category too.

And no, no one knows where the baby went. I would've hoped Queenie or someone found him and gave him a safe home. For all we know the baby went the way of the ones in the Murder House.

I actually enjoyed the finale a lot.

Apparently this was the most watched season out of the three so far ratings wise.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    I believe Madison was in fact the true supreme.

For example, while it is true Madison did not consciously perform "Divination" she did however unconsciously picked out a Cigarette from a cigarette jar/tin that Supreme Anna Lee Leighton used (as seen in episode 3, when Fiona had the flashback of her slitting Anna Lee's throat) that could've belonged to Anna Lee Leighton herself (And Myrtle did in fact request that Madison divine an item that belonged to Supreme Anna Lee Leighton).

Another example is Cordelia didn't fully revive Zoe until Kyle choked the life out of Madison. If you watched that scene closely, they were going back and fourth between scenes and when Kyle finally kills Madison, Zoe finally revives. So it could mean that once Madison was fully dead, Cordelia became Supreme by default. Because again, a supreme has glowing radiant health, one second she had mutilated eyes, next thing you know she wakes up with perfect eyes, just as Madison was killed.

And lastly, as Cordelia stated in the show, it is the outgoing Supreme's duty to identify her successor. In the Flashback in episode 3, Anna Lee Leighton said that Mimi Delongpre called a council and had her performed the Seven Wonders (so Mimi had already pegged her). And when Anna Lee was killed by Fiona, the current council announced that Fiona was the witch that Anna Lee believed was the next supreme and had Fiona perform the seven wonders. (so again, Anna Lee already knew who was the successor would be and left that information in her will). So I believe a supreme will have instinct on who her next successor will be, and Fiona's first call was Madison.

...but moving on, i LOVED this season. The ending was too happily ever after, which didn't read American Horror Story to me, it would've been better if Fiona slit Cordelia's throat and regain her supremacy (which I 100% thought was gonna happen when they hugged). But I loved the happy ending better lol
    football_chick and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

I thought season 3 was all over the place and the finale was really lackluster. I was glad that Madison was taken out. I never liked her character, especially after hearing how she beat the crap out of her boyfriend Evan Peters in real life. The first season went downhill and started getting too ridiculous around the midpoint or so. For me, the second season was definitely the best and most interesting.
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.

especially after hearing how she beat the crap out of her boyfriend Evan Peters in real life.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard that but I did recently see a gossip item about them being engaged.

Also - Evan Peters is in the new Xmen movie.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread