+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

I'm putting this in spoiler tags even though it is actually mixed with speculation. Just in case it is true, I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Click to see Spoiler:
    They will start to have the Wonders test or whatever they call it. Something goes terribly wrong and a horrible decison has to be made. It's noted that Cordelia has been acting odd over the last few scenes. Has Fiona taken over Cordelia's body? Is that actually Fiona in there? Maybe. Also, what's the horrible decision? Must they have to put Kyle down? I bet so. He's too much of a liability. Or must Cordelia put down Myrtle?

REF to next season and what it's going to be about:

Click to see Spoiler:
    1950 was the year the term McCarthyism was coined. He was the senator who went on what has been called a WITCH HUNT for communist in this country. The term McCarthyism has also been used in the Coven this season. These are supposedly hints. How this tells us what the season will be about, I don't know. Doesn't sound very amusing to me.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Maybe I wasn't watching close enough, but I thought, taking into account things she'd said earlier in the episode, that Fiona might have been committing suicide by Ax Man. I thought maybe she planned for him to kill her, knowing what he would do and that the witches wouldn't be able to bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

Click to see Spoiler:
    What happened in 1950 that would fit in this genre?
    I think there is plenty of things.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Considering that Jessica Lange is working on her German, my guess is that it will deal with WWII.
    short_lived likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

Click to see Spoiler:
    When I saw the "practicing German" I immediately thought of escaped Nazis doing human experiments since they hinted at it in season two.
    mesachick likes this.

I loved this series and disappointed it is ending and it has a HUGE buzz on Twitter at least, so I'm surprised many of you think this was the weakest of the three so far. I missed the first, and I think this is significantly better than Asylum, and I liked Asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    I loved this series and disappointed it is ending and it has a HUGE buzz on Twitter at least, so I'm surprised many of you think this was the weakest of the three so far. I missed the first, and I think this is significantly better than Asylum, and I liked Asylum.
    It's great if you liked it. Some don't feel it that much this time around.

I would feel like I wasted my time, if it wasn't for the treat of seeing Kathy Bates, Stevie Nicks and others. The story was so full of holes and annoying gaps, nonsensical reasoning, etc. I don't even care who the Supreme is. I just want it to be over. lol

I have high hopes for next season. If that one isn't better, I'm done with Ryan Murhpy.

Things about the story just seemed to have so many problems. For example. Why would Madam LaLaurie be in horror hell for eternity due to watching her daughter be tortured? She was horrible to her daugthers. She tortored them in real life. She loved to torture, so at the end, we are supposed to believe she no longer likes torture and she lives in eternal hell because that's what she gets to see. Really? I don't buy it.

We are told that Fiona can't trade her soul for eternal life because she has no soul. Really? Why? And if she has no soul then why have we seen such love and compassion by her. Recall how distraught she was when her daughter was blinded and in the hospital? She went to this mother's room whose baby had died and felt compassion for her. She revived her baby from the dead. Why would someone wiith no soul do that? She seemed to have more of a soul than LaLaurie, yet LaLaurie had a soul.

Just so many things that were screwed up IMO. I'm looking foward to the finale.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

The first season was by far the best of the three.

Asylum was good and at least the storylines had continuity to them.

The first two seasons also had a high degree of disturbance to them. I watched them practically through my fingers lol. This season, not so much.

I just hope the series hasn't run its course already, which it shouldn't since each season is a totally different storyline, with completely different characters, played by the same actors. The one actor who's character has been pretty much the same though is Jessica Lange. She's been so fantastic, but it might be nice to see her in a less domineering role for a change. She can still be the focus, but play a different type of character. I wonder which other actors will be back for Season 4.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I almost wish I hadn't foreseen Cordelia becoming supreme. Then at least I might have been surprised by the twist!

I thought the first season was the best as well. I have enjoyed the last two, just not quite as much as the first.

I will definitely keep watching. I like that we are at least starting with a fresh story each season. Unlike Glee where it took a downhill turn and just kept going (and going, and going) down the same path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rather enjoyed the way things got wrapped up.
    Everyone got what they ultimately deserved.

Well, except for Misty and Myrtle.

I was amused that Kyle became the new "help"
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread