+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

Re: American Horror Story - Coven (FX)

I'm now caught up on the episodes, although, I'm still confused as to why anyone would have the slightlest interest in being the Supreme. When Kyle and the witch who left with him walked back in the door, I just thought, you dumb witch......go for it. People are dropping like flies, revivied, are murdered again, revived, etc. so silly and not even interesting.

I was hoping the latest one was the finale. One left. Thank goodness.

Kyle is just not going to work out. Regardless of where he is, he's going to create too many murders. What can be done about that?

How is that spirit butler dressed like woman actually taking care of that baby? The child needs milk and diapers and the spirit butler guy in a dress can't go out shopping, right?

I do sort of like Misty, Cordelia and the red haired witch. Other than that, I don't care about those girls.

Was Fiona really chopped up and thrown to the gators? That seems way to simple for her departure. Maybe we haven't seen the last of her yet.

It definitely wasn't the ending I was expecting for Fiona. She overestimated herself and underestimated him.

I think they've done a good job of keeping the mystery of who will be the next Supreme.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Kyle is just not going to work out. Regardless of where he is, he's going to create too many murders. What can be done about that?
    I thought since Fiona made him a little better he wouldn't be so out of control. I was kind of surprised when he killed the homeless guy. He sure hasn't added much to the story other than causing some dumb conflict between Zoe and Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    How is that spirit butler dressed like woman actually taking care of that baby? The child needs milk and diapers and the spirit butler guy in a dress can't go out shopping, right?
    Good point. I wonder if we will find out what happened with the baby? Maybe they will pull the butler and baby back into the story when the girls attempt the Seven Wonders?

IMO, being the Supreme is really a curse, not a gift. I pity the one who ends up with it.

There's been some news about next season...

I put spoilers on it just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Get ready for some classic 1950s horror.

As is to be expected, "American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy has been elusive about what we can expect in Season 4 of the hit FX series.

But on Wednesday (Jan. 15), Murphy finally divulged a few details.

Its set in 1950, Murphy exclusively told EW. If you look historically what happened in the year 1950, theres some more clues in that year. Its a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what weve done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so Im very excited!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I thought since Fiona made him a little better he wouldn't be so out of control. I was kind of surprised when he killed the homeless guy. He sure hasn't added much to the story other than causing some dumb conflict between Zoe and Madison.

Good point. I wonder if we will find out what happened with the baby? Maybe they will pull the butler and baby back into the story when the girls attempt the Seven Wonders?
    Honestly we will probably find out that either:

1. She is actually the Supreme, or

2. It'll be the reincarnation of Laveaux, Fiona or for all we know a second evil child to join the original bad one from the Murder House... then again even possibly everyone had hallucinated the baby was real and it really was a china doll...

As far as who the supreme is... Why don't they just do a twist that all of them together are the best "supreme" they've had.

I'd personally like it to be Misty or Queenie myself (and there's a great analysis I've read in regard to both of them), but I have a feeling it'll be the boring Zoe or a nice twist it's actually Kyle to complete the weirdness and jumping around oddity of this show this season.

I WILL say kudos to the makeup artists this season - Delia's eyes are justifiably creepy and eerie and gross after what she did to them. Some of the most realistic makeup I've seen in a long time. I do agree though they should've started having her wear glasses - it's easier on the actor and too long it loses its "shock" value.

Oh and I do think that LaLaurie and Laveaux got their just desserts... and I think they should've used Papa Legba more than the minotaur and honestly Kyle (Who I like Evan Peters' work just fine, but this season he has been given far FAR too little to do. This is a shame given his very strong performance last season).

I appreciate the info for next season, though, Ryan Murhpy has his work cut out for him. If next season is as bad as this one has been, I'm done with his work. I hope this was just a big mistake and next season will be much better.

I really have no idea what to expect for the finale. I really would like Misty and Cordelia to be spared, but that's about it. I don't expect it to make much sense. lol

I agree, this season has been the weakest so far. Let's hope it picks up next season. This one was just too all over the place with not a lot of it making much sense lol. I completely agree that Evan Peters' role was way too small this season. I also think Taissa Farmiga got jipped as well.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think what would've helped is if they kept the cast down a bit more. The AxMan was a nice twist as was Papa Legba... they fit in well.

They shouldn't have had the whole witch hunters thing... maybe one after them, but it was overkill between the AxMan - who was one as well (revenge) AND the business. Should've stuck with the AxMan.

They shouldn't have had as many rebirths of witches, and honestly I'd prefer Nan to still be there - maybe git a little darker than she did in her swan song (with Misty or Cordelia setting her back on the right path) than Madison or the underused Zoe.

The council was extraneous - though I loved the humor that it brought, and it goes DOUBLE when they had Cordelia again blind herself. They could've had her also reblind herself with some sort of poison or something that would've made it where her eyes were still colored and Paulson could see but the character not (i.e. take out the overused shock factor here).

The Minotaur was woefully underused. Heck even the creatures in the garden in Asylum were better used, and we didn't really see much of them if at all.

As I mentioned earlier - Evan Peters is woefully underused this season and the character is almost a mockery of his two previous roles. It'd been nice if he were say some sort of teen who also didn't know he was a warlock, made worse when the accident gives him some severe health issue and in the end he starts gaining powers.

This one had good premise but didn't work as well as it could've. I'm glad Jessica Lange got a nod for her work this season, but it isn't the best of the three. Hopefully next season's will be better But...

Click to see Spoiler:
    What happened in 1950 that would fit in this genre?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'd personally like it to be Misty or Queenie myself (and there's a great analysis I've read in regard to both of them), but I have a feeling it'll be the boring Zoe or a nice twist it's actually Kyle to complete the weirdness and jumping around oddity of this show this season.
    I hope we find out it is Cordelia. I hadn't even considered it until this last episode when Fiona told her that her powers have always been with her. She just hasn't had the confidence to reach her potential in Fiona's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ...and I think they should've used Papa Legba more than the minotaur and honestly Kyle (Who I like Evan Peters' work just fine, but this season he has been given far FAR too little to do. This is a shame given his very strong performance last season).
    I thought Papa Legba ended up being a great character in the show! I agree about Evan Peters. I feel like the character Kyle existed just to give him a role on the show, because the character has done little (if anything) of consequence to the storyline.

+ Reply to Thread