+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (ABC)

Re: Once Upon A Time in Wonderland (ABC)

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this show yet, but I'll give it some time to grow on me.

Like Miss Scarlet, I loved the White Rabbit and might watch for that character alone. Naveen Andrews/Jamar is quite a good actor who has had a good bit of work sinceLost, but not another successful series. He is another draw for me. I also agree about Alice being well cast and the genie is a fun twist.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well I must be the party pooper of this thread. I just go around to watching the premier episode last night and I was completely underwhelmed. I'm not really interested in watching any more.

Same here, unfortunately. I remember when Cora was the queen of hearts - when and how did the new queen get anointed? I'm not fond of the main story line of Alice searching for her true love, but I do hate to give it up on first glance as I do enjoy OUaT.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh my, looks like we're losing steam here. I say that because you can add me to the "underwhelmed" category. It's funny because there have actually been some reversals for me.

Jafar was much better this episode. Although he's not as cute as Robert Carlyle , I definitely felt the menace.

The RQ is growing on me. I like how she equalized their relationship at the end by getting the bottle. I hope this evolves into a Rumpy/Regina type relationship. To be honest, these two characters are why I will keep watching.

I am losing any sympathy I had for Alice in the premiere. Maybe it's just me, but she came across as a grumpy b**** in this latest episode. Every time she told Knave "We're going to do this" and then marched off, I wanted to yell, "Why don't you just leave her behind?" And attacking a poor animal who had shown no previous signs of aggression? Sheesh. If it was sentient enough to understand her while at swordpoint, then couldn't she have tried asking first?

And forget the Knave developing feelings for Alice, or vice versa. He should go back to the Silver Fairy. Or Storybooke and find a girl there. He's too sweet to waste on Alice.

Can't really judge Cyrus, since all we've seen him do is moon over Alice. I do have a question, though. Couldn't she have used one of the wishes to set him free? Aladdin did that in the animated movie. He used his first two wishes on himself and then freed the genie with the last one. I don't understand why it can't be done now.

Loved the CGI in the first episode, but now it's getting overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a video game. OUAT did a great job of nailing the balance between real life and fantasy. If Wonderland remains in Wonderland for every episode, then I may simply turn it off to save my eyes. That, and I'm losing interest in the main character/plot.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I thought that was quite mean of Alice to hurt the turtle. Right then, started wondering who's the villain? I'm not curious at all about Ailce & Cyrus, besides they have no chemistry. The Red Queen, Jafar, and Rabbit are much more interesting characters. Oh I do still love the Knave of Hearts!

I watched this week's show today.
    I thought the CGI was toned down a bit. Maybe I just got used to it.

Cyrus is OK now that we got to see a bit more of him. Other than being lovey-dovey, he doesn't seem to have much personality, but it's still early.
    Still liking Alice, the Rabbit, the Knave, Jafar. I'm even getting used to Jafar's hair, although still don't like it.
    The Red Queen was an improvement this week, although she still irritates me a lot, in appearance, voice, the way she acts. I did like the way she got some spunk against Jafar.

From what I've read, it looks like the whole show will take place in Wonderland, with it being nothing more than a revision of the Alice in Wonderland story. I'm not really happy about that. I may get tired of it.

Still planning to hang in there for the Season at this point.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I only caught the last half hour last night and didn't see last weeks yet, but was the red queen Annabelle?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I only caught the last half hour last night and didn't see last weeks yet, but was the red queen Annabelle?
    Looks that way.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That makes things much more interesting! Maybe "Alice" is just the vehicle to get us to these other character's stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    That makes things much more interesting! Maybe "Alice" is just the vehicle to get us to these other character's stories.
    I like these character's stories!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast