+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Crazy Ones (CBS)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The Crazy Ones (CBS)

CBS The Crazy Ones | About | Cast

Academy Award winner Robin Williams returns to series television in THE CRAZY ONES, a single-camera workplace comedy about a larger-than-life advertising genius whose unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior would get him fired... if he weren't the boss. Simon Roberts is the head of a powerful agency, with the biggest clients and brands in the world, but even more important to him is having his daughter Sydney by his side. As his partner, Sydney is Simon's exact opposite - focused, organized and eager to make a name for herself, but also too busy parenting her father, which she'd resent if he wasn't so brilliant at what he does. Joining them in the firm are the dashing and talented Zach; art director Andrew, who's as hard-working as he is neurotic; and the beautiful and deceptively smart assistant Lauren. With his team and his daughter behind him, Simon continues to set the advertising world on fire, and it looks like they are definitely buying what these crazy ones are selling.

I caught the repeat airing of the premier episode last night and actually enjoyed this I do admit to really being a fan of Robin Williams' talent both in dramatic and comedic roles. Nice to see him back weekly on a network comedy. Sarah Michelle Gellar seems well cast in the role of his business-partner/daughter. James Wolk? Love him and the outtake scene during the closing credits was hilarious! He was one of my favorites on the short lived Political Animals and the barely-given-a-chance Lonestar... I also liked him a lot on Mad Men. Nice to see Hamish Linklater again too - I remember him from The New Adventures of Old Christine.

Anyone else watching this one?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Re: The Crazy Ones (CBS)

We watched it. I hadn't realized how long it had been since Robin Williams was on TV until my son started throwing questions. It was classic Robin Williams and my son was just stunned.

I liked it, too. For me, Robin Williams is a comic genius, like Jonathan Winters was, and highly intelligent. There seems to be good screen chemistry between him and Sarah Michelle Gellar, who is not usually among my favorites, but I can see this show being successful. I'll keep watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've never been a SMG fan but did like Ringer and was mad it was cancelled without any resolution. But I've always been a fan of Robin Williams even though he can be a tad over the top in his roles at times. But I like what I see so far. I thought it was an hour show so was happy it was only 30 minutes. I don't care much for the female receptionist but like the other cast members. I'll give it a few more tries.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I'm not a big Robin Williams fan. I just hate that over-the-top manic schtick of his. That being said, I like SMG and James Wolk, so I'm willing to give the show a chance. I liked the premiere enough to keep watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I caught the premiere episode repeat last night too. I'm a Robin Williams fan. Not so much a SMG fan. But I enjoyed this show very much. Kelly Clarkson was very good in this, too. I'll keep watching.

Kelly Clarkson was the gem on the premiere show. Who knew she could act and be funny...even her real crack up during the scroll was terrific.

From street mime in SF (with his first wife) to Mork and Mindy to dramatic roles, Robin has led quite the creative life. He's back because he has said he needs the money, but I felt he invested himself in the role and didn't call it in. I liked the character's control of his over the top riffs knowing when too much was too much and I loved his daughter being able to provide an anchor for him. He is an aging ad guy who wonders if he still has it, and it will be proven throughout the series that yes, he does.

Go Robin and Sarah Michelle. It was also fun to see the serious daughter reveal a bit of her father when she takes the dare and climbs up on the table top in the restaurant to sing the "old" McDonald's theme sexy for Kelly.

This, I think, will be my new favorite sitcom.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love Robin Williams. The premier, for me, was so-so. I will give it a chance, though. It had it's moments.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I didn't see the pilot, but tonights show was meh. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to see it again.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I tried watching the first episode. Meh. I didn't get through it just yet. Other stuff caught my attention.

Ads for the show come on the radio often though. Hysterical Robin Williams moments.

Woman: "I have something difficult to say"

Robin Williams: "Is it rubber baby buggy bumpers? I always have trouble with that one."

Woman: "You're not as charming as you used to be."

Robin Williams: "Ooh, past tense. We have a past. Now it's tense."

Something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast