+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC, Thursdays)

Re: The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC, Thursdays)

I had high hopes for this show, but I'm worried. The wife is miscasted, IMO and I thing there is a problem with the writing. Why couldn't they get good writers for this show? I don't understand. I fear this will not be the success they had hoped, but it's the fault of NBC. You need good writers for a great comedy. MJF can't make it up as he goes along. He's a great actor, but he needs good material.

The woman playing his wife, played Marie in the drama Breaking Bad and she was funnier on that than on this comedy.

FORT Fogey

I could be wrong, but I don't think this show is going to make it. Maybe the writing will improve, but I just think it's difficult for a sitcom to star a beloved actor with movement and speech impairments, and try to be funny about that as well as feature general comedy situations that have nothing to do with that. So far it's just not funny to me. I was actually saddened by the part about him doing the story about slow 911 response despite the huge cost to the city, and then he was cut off after a few seconds on the Today show.

FORT Fan

Is anyone else still watching this show?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I love his character on Good Wife, and he's done some other guest shots. I guess he was not working enough to keep happy--I would hope he doesn't need the $$ although I suppose his medical care is expensive. Maybe I'll try some of the later episodes on On Demand over the holidays when everything is on reruns. I really like him as a person and have enjoyed his earlier sitcoms (although about the only sit coms I watch now are Big Band and Mike & Molly). But the one time I watched the writing just seemed bery weak and cliched... like early sitcoms, which have gotten more "quick" and original these days ( or else crude and horrible, but hopefully he won't go there...although the episode I watched was the one about the other woman...).

I have heard that NBC had hoped that it's comedy block on Thursday nights would be very successful but unfortunately that has not been the case so don't be surprised by seeing any of these shows canceled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How difficult is it go get good tv writers now? I think the talented ones most be on leaves, because I think many shows are falthering in the script department, expecially dramas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123