+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Episode 13 - Yes Men - 3/11/14

Lady Sif arrives and gets help from SHIELD to apprehend an Asgardian fugitive.

I do like that the TV show is tying in with the movie.

Next week is a big behind the scenes look at the new Marvel Studio movies and TV show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

03/18/14

mmmmm.......I am not quite sure what to make of what aired tonight .... it's almost a behind the scenes of how Marvel Studios was created and how the Marvel Universe was created on film not using the "Big Gun" characters of Spiderman and the Fantastic Four. They showed how they are layering the stories, various franchises and characters both on the big screen and on TV. It also sorta runs as a bit of a promo for the upcoming Captain America film "The Winter Soldier" and the upcoming Avengers 2.

Yes, it was a tease for upcoming movies, but I found it fascinating all the same. When they showed Colson getting gutted during the fight for New York, I loved that the actor faced the camera and said, "But I am the glue." In other words, you can't kill me off. Even though he didn't know it at the time, he was right. Instead of not being included in future scripts, he went to T.A.H.I.T.I.

Do you know where you can find the short features mentioned - the ones they used to flesh out characters?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, it was a tease for upcoming movies, but I found it fascinating all the same. When they showed Colson getting gutted during the fight for New York, I loved that the actor faced the camera and said, "But I am the glue." In other words, you can't kill me off. Even though he didn't know it at the time, he was right. Instead of not being included in future scripts, he went to T.A.H.I.T.I.

Do you know where you can find the short features mentioned - the ones they used to flesh out characters?
    Yeah, I would luv to see them. Until seeing it last night I didn't know that Marvel Studios had done that.

Well I googled and this is the result:

Marvel One-Shots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marvel One-Shots are a series of direct-to-video short films produced by Marvel Studios, set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). They are included as special features in the MCU film's Blu-ray and digital distribution releases, and are not included on the DVDs.

The first two films star Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, and offer up self-contained stories about a day in the life of a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. The third film stars Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford as a down-on-their-luck couple who find a discarded Chitauri gun after the events of The Avengers. The fourth film stars Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. The fifth film stars Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery after the events of Iron Man 3.
    In August 2011, Marvel announced a couple of short films would be released direct-to-video. Co-producer Brad Winderbaum said "It's a fun way to experiment with new characters and ideas, but more importantly it's a way for us to expand the Marvel Cinematic Universe and tell stories that live outside the plot of our features." The first two films were made in conjunction with The Ebeling Group, being directed by Leythum and written by Eric Pearson.[1]

Marvel Studios co-president Louis DíEsposito reiterating this idea stating that the goal of Item 47 was to "expand the world and show you the more human elements of it". He continued that Marvel is wrestling with the idea of introducing established characters who may not yet be ready to carry their own feature films in future One-Shots, saying, "Thereís always a potential to introduce a character. We have 8,000 of them, and they canít all be at the same level. So maybe there are some that are not so popular, and we introduce them [with a short] Ė and they take off. I could see that happening".[2]

In July 2013, DíEsposito said he considered making stand-alone shorts for several characters, including Loki, a young Nick Fury, and Black Panther. Regarding Loki, DíEsposito said "Being on Asgard is very difficult for us to do in a short. Itís just impossible for us cost wise. The short would be 30 seconds, and itís over. One shot of Loki on Asgard." On Fury and Black Panther, he remarked "Itís very complicated to do: who plays those characters? And designing the costume, getting it going Ö We tried. We were there in development, and we tried, but they were very difficult for all the reasons I gave. And we donít want to do something thatís half baked because itís not good for us and itís not good for our fans."[3] During the Agent Carter panel at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International, D'Esposito stated it is being considered to bring the shorts to the theaters, appearing before features.[4]

In October 2013, Ben Kingsley said he was working on a secret project with Marvel involving "many members of the crew that were involved in Iron Man 3,"[5] later revealed to be the short, All Hail the King.[6] In a February 2014 interview with Total Film, Drew Pearce mentioned other shorts that he wrote that never came to fruition including ones based on Sin, Crossbones and Damage Control.[7]
    Films
    Film Name and what DVD movie it is attached to:
    1. The Consultant - released September 13, 2011 - DVD: Thor
    2. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer - released October 25, 2011 - DVD: Captain America: The First Avenger
    3. Item 47 - released September 25, 2012 - DVD: The Avengers
    4. Agent Carter - released September 24, 2013 - DVD: Iron Man 3
    5. All Hail the King - released February 25, 2014 - DVD: Thor: The Dark World

Ah....Youtube just watched A Funny Thin Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer.

Thanks. I have the Thor DVD (the others rented or streamed) but I never look at the extras option. Now, I'll look. Thanks for the heads up on You Tube.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well I managed to see the first two shorts, The Consultant and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer on YouTube. Not such good luck with the others though.

The Consultant and A Funny Thing .... are rather short about 4 minutes with most of that credits the other 3 are 12 to 15 minutes long and good luck finding it on YouTube in a format you can actually watch the entire thing or in English or so you can actually hear anything.

I found A Funny Thing, but not the other. It really was funny and I can't remember now Colson's line to the clerk to explain away his Ninja moves, but it was said dead pan and I laughed.

+ Reply to Thread