+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    True, but even with other Joss-helmed shows, he didn't write every episode and I didn't feel this way. I think it has more to do with this not being about a part of the Whedon-verse; he's writing about a pre-existing world that he didn't create.

On another note, my browser spell check says that "pre-existing" is spelled wrong and among the suggested corrections is "pee-existing".....because that's a thing.

I don't know Joss did such a fabulous job with The Avengers movie you wonder why that doesn't translate to the TV show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kinda liked the Skye background story and Coulson's narration of it at the end showing Skye and the other guy (the lonely nerd) and how they handled their circumstances. That was a nice bit of writing.

Best lines: Agent May telling Coulson she and Agent Ward were having sex ... beautiful deliver.

T.R.A.C.K.S.
    Episode 13
    02/04/14

I think the show finally has gotten on track it felt like a team, like it was moving toward a purpose both as an individual episode and as a part of a larger story arc. It was a bit confusing at times until you got the various scenes were depending on the participants POV (point of view) and where they were when they were stunned by that paralysis toxin.

Nice touch with the Deathlok tie in and was it obvious that Quinn is being controlled by The Clairvoyant?

No more new episodes until March 4. I did think that was kinda dumb that we had to wait 3 weeks for a new episode and then another 3 weeks for the next.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if everyone wasn't controlled by the clairvoyant.

I can't wait until his/her reveal...perhaps the final episode of the season?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We loved seeing Stan Lee's cameo!
    Critical likes this.

Me too! I love how he pops up at random moments in all of the Marvel projects.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm just a tad bit confused about this week's episode. Was that hideous half-body supposed to be Coulson?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm just a tad bit confused about this week's episode. Was that hideous half-body supposed to be Coulson?
    I think it was the remains of one of the aliens that invaded New York and that they are harvesting body parts and fluids and using them on human beings.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, that is what I think as well. That is why Colson tried to stop the injection, because of the issues he had with healing and now he knows why. T.A.H.I.T.I., indeed. The difference is Colson was dead and it was a re-animation, while, though dying, Skye is still alive. It will be interesting to see how she reacts. Remember she was an "unknown entity" or package found as a baby and we don't know her true origins.

OMG - the aliens in the form of beautiful women are invading next week...or at least two of them - good and evil. This should be fun.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, that is what I think as well. That is why Colson tried to stop the injection, because of the issues he had with healing and now he knows why. T.A.H.I.T.I., indeed. The difference is Colson was dead and it was a re-animation, while, though dying, Skye is still alive. It will be interesting to see how she reacts. Remember she was an "unknown entity" or package found as a baby and we don't know her true origins.

OMG - the aliens in the form of beautiful women are invading next week...or at least two of them - good and evil. This should be fun.
    I do like that they are tying in the movie and the TV show. I would luv to see a 10 or 13 episode mini series. I do think that is more the direction TV is moving in or at least they are experimenting with various formats lengths.

+ Reply to Thread