+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This has proven to be fast, quirky and fun with a capital F. But, it won't all be fun and games in the future as Skye texted Rising Tide that she was IN. They've gone dark.

How cool to see Fury laying down the law. Oh, and Coulson knows he died...he made a reference to post death or something. He did give off a James Bond flair this episode.

I loved seeing Coulson's instincts prove correct when the individuals had to form a team to survive. As he said, it took a common enemy. How freaky that the inflatable lifeboat had enough stiff edge to not get sucked out of the plane's door. I also liked that when Coulson saw the flying robot, he retied his hands to the post knowing something like depressurization might happen.

Cool show. I re-watched The Avengers last evening to refresh my memory. Before the next episode, I'll re-watch Thor and Captain America. I like that they are tying this show back to those as if it is a continuation of the saga.

I also really, really like that ABC gives us CC capability where CBS doesn't. I would love to watch NCIS in CC, but no.

Coulson knows he died he said so in the first episode. The question is which Coulson is the one we are watching?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In the first episode Hill said to the doctor that Colson didn't know; that he thinks he went to Tahiti. This episode it was fairly clear that he knows that Tahiti was a construct to get him through.

Do you think that they did a DNA reconstruct of Colson and that is why, even though his memories are intact, he might come off as robotic at times? I mean Tony (Iron Man) could have figured out how to do that.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In the first episode Hill said to the doctor that Colson didn't know; that he thinks he went to Tahiti. This episode it was fairly clear that he knows that Tahiti was a construct to get him through.

Do you think that they did a DNA reconstruct of Colson and that is why, even though his memories are intact, he might come off as robotic at times? I mean Tony (Iron Man) could have figured out how to do that.

He told the one girl that he was injured during or before the Battle of New York and died for a couple of minutes.

I think he is a clone .. this is not a spoiler .. this is what I think he is.

FORT Fogey

Why don't I like this show???? I love everything in the Whedonverse, but this show is just grabbing me. I'll give it a couple more weeks.

OK watched the first episode again and about 8 minutes in he meets with Agent Ward (tall and dark) .. he mentions that he stopped breathing for about (this is unclear either 8 seconds or 40 seconds he may have said both because one of the other agents said it gets longer the everytime you repeat the story) but that is what happens when an (alien name) spear is stuck through your chest.

Marvel's Agents of S*H*I*E*L*D

Does anybody else like this show? I love superhero stuff, so I was already predisposed to like this show. My cousin is a total comic book geek, though, so he was probably nitpicking the show.

I love the dialogue they give Coulson. "Don't touch Lola!" "This is where they create the red tape, isn't it?" I also love his character. "I want you to find a way so that a little boy doesn't lose his father. Don't give me excuses, just do it!" I teared up at that. I also loved it when he shot the crusty agent with the truth syrum instead of Skye. That was a cool twist.

I also love the Asian agent. Remember in the second episode when they were standing around discussing how to get out of their dilemma? She just crashes the truck and declares, "Boy, you people talk a lot!" Rock on!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Babbred, I moved your post to this thread which was already set up. Yes, there are a few of us who like this show very much.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like this show in spite of the fact that I'm neither a superhero nor a comic book fan. I like it for a lot of the dialogue you mentioned, Babbred, and for the characters. Good writing is good writing.

The Asian agent you mentioned, Ming Na -- I know she's done a lot of tv shows, but I think I remember her first from her days on ER. I've always liked her work.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The show has been green lighted for a full season.

Anyone else think the gold bracelet Skye wore was sort of a nod to Wonder Woman???

Like the last scene where you see the hand reaching out of the graviton element ball .. so Joss Whedon and potential villain or hero??

+ Reply to Thread