+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

I am so mad at Ward, lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In one sense I thinking why why why are they letting Skye talk to Ward and yet don't trust each other or others.

It seems Ward is actually more loyal or obligated to Garrett then being a real Hydra agent.

Raina maybe a bit of an ally.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, there are a lot of "flow" questions...such as when Ward does arrive, will they question his mode of transportation. I mean Skye gives him the coordinates, but, I'm sure she doesn't send the plane for him. And yes, I can see him being more loyal to his mentor than to Hydra - one is personal, one is a philosophy.

I hope we get some answers next episode...
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Finally got around to watching the latest episode. It's been a long week.

The thing I really like about this show is that you can tell the creators/writers really thought about it going in. In too many shows, they start off with a great idea, but by the 3rd or 4th episode, you're like, "What the heck?" You can tell that they are just making it up as they go along, and that gets frustrating. It usually ends with a finale (either season or show) that's a muddled mess.

On this show, however, as I said, you can tell they had a vision for it. They really put effort into crafting it, and it shows. I can see their plotting. "By the end of Season 1, SHIELD will be destroyed and on the run. Ok, we want to up the ante by having a mole/double agent on the team. Who? Grant Ward. Ok, how does Ward earn their trust? In one episode he's going to selflessly risk his life trying to save another member of the team." And so on, and so on, back to the beginning. That way everything builds, and it stays coherent.

Younger readers might not get this, but it reminds me of the Cold War thrillers of John Le Carre ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") and Robert Ludlum (the Bourne novels).

Along those lines, I loved the scene where Flowers was talking to Ward. That was just creepy, seeing Bad Guy Ward morph into Good Guy Ward and back again. Note to Marvel: put this actor/character in a movie. He's a lot better than those OTT alien villains you usually have.
    Last edited by Babbred; 04-21-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Finally got around to watching the latest episode. It's been a long week.

The thing I really like about this show is that you can tell the creators/writers really thought about it going in. In too many shows, they start off with a great idea, but by the 3rd or 4th episode, you're like, "What the heck?" You can tell that they are just making it up as they go along, and that gets frustrating. It usually ends with a finale (either season or show) that's a muddled mess.

On this show, however, as I said, you can tell they had a vision for it. They really put effort into crafting it, and it shows. I can see their plotting. "By the end of Season 1, SHIELD will be destroyed and on the run. Ok, we want to up the ante by having a mole/double agent on the team. Who? Grant Ward. Ok, how does Ward earn their trust? In one episode he's going to selflessly risk his life trying to save another member of the team." And so on, and so on, back to the beginning. That way everything builds, and it stays coherent.

Younger readers might not get this, but it reminds me of the Cold War thrillers of John Le Carre ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") and Robert Ludlum (the Bourne novels).

Along those lines, I loved the scene where Flowers was talking to Ward. That was just creepy, seeing Bad Guy Ward morph into Good Guy Ward and back again. Note to Marvel: put this actor/character in a movie. He's a lot better than those OTT alien villains you usually have.
    I read a TV Guide article and that is exactly what the producers were thinking. In fact they didn't even tell the actor who was playing Grant Ward what was going to happen until a couple of episodes before and he was told to keep it quiet. They wanted him to appear bland and boring and for the reveal be a huge shocker and they did it.

Skye is onto Ward but Ward doesn't know it.

Luv'ed seeing Coulson's love and it's Amy Acker. Guess she needed a brake from playing Root on Person of Interest.

Mae's mom.

Can't wait for next week.

I think if Ward had given Skye time to gather her things, she could have left a message; but he pulled her out of the mountain hide-out really fast. Is he flying the big plane? I'll need to watch again to see the exchanges between Melinda and her mom. I sort of gathered that her mom works for another agency?

Ah, Coulson, we finally get to meet your cellist who moved to Portland, but you have to deny her once again. So sad, but it must have been terrific when you two were together.

Well, they destroyed one of the escapees...is this how they will continue to the finale...what about Ward taking Skye to South America? Will the gang (minus Ward) get together before the season ends...or will it be one heck of a cliff hanger?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think if Ward had given Skye time to gather her things, she could have left a message; but he pulled her out of the mountain hide-out really fast. Is he flying the big plane? I'll need to watch again to see the exchanges between Melinda and her mom. I sort of gathered that her mom works for another agency?

Ah, Coulson, we finally get to meet your cellist who moved to Portland, but you have to deny her once again. So sad, but it must have been terrific when you two were together.

Well, they destroyed one of the escapees...is this how they will continue to the finale...what about Ward taking Skye to South America? Will the gang (minus Ward) get together before the season ends...or will it be one heck of a cliff hanger?

Yeap, she did work for another agency.

When we first saw her I thought it might be Mae's mom.

I wonder if the Pennsylvania license plates mean anything.

When did we first see her and what agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    When did we first see her and what agency?
    First time seeing her and don't know.

+ Reply to Thread