+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

Season 5 Episode 13 - "Principia" - March 16, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents....D._(season_5)

While the rift is contained, Fitz sends the team to search for more gravitonium, which went missing with the Principia, a Cybertek ship. The team hunt down a lead in New Orleans, reuniting Mack with his old school mate, Tony Caine, who has been helping redeem scientists coerced into working for Hydra through Cybertek Industries. The team ask Caine about the Deathlok Program, hoping to find a way to save Coulson and give Yo-Yo cybernetic arms, but he states the program failed. Meanwhile, General Hale continues to form her team by transferring Werner von Strucker to Blue Raven Ridge. Recovering from his earlier vegetative state, Strucker’s cognitive abilities have intensified, allowing him to remember everything. Strucker denies Hale’s offer, leading her to ask Ruby to change his mind. After experiencing a manifestation of his mother, Deke realizes the gravitonium may have been activated by the lightning storm, sending the Principia into the sky. Sure enough, the team find the Principia suspended in the atmosphere and discover most of the gravitonium is gone, leaving only a small portion to sustain the ship. As Mack collects the remaining gravitonium, a group of Hale’s robotic soldiers ambush them. Coulson, Daisy, and Mack fend off the robots and successfully get off the ship before it plummets back to Earth. Upon hearing his mother’s saying in an exchange between Simmons and Yo-Yo, Deke realizes Fitz and Simmons are his grandparents. Elsewhere, Ruby convinces Strucker to stay and introduces him to Creel.

The flying ship and Deke at times mirroring Fitz and neither realizing were the highlights of this episode.

Glad to see Mack getting YoYo some new arms.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 5 Episode 14 - "The Devil Complex" - March 23, 2018

As Fitz struggles to figure out a solution to compressing the Gravitonium, he encounters his Framework self, The Doctor, who claims to finish what he had started before. He reprograms the robotic soldiers the team recovered from the Principia to keep Mack, Simmons and Yo-Yo at bay while he incapacitates Daisy and restrains her in order to operate on her and remove her power inhibitor, as he believes it to be the solution to the Gravitonium problem. Simmons, upon finding Fitz and Daisy, realizes that The Doctor was not a manifestation from the fear dimension, and that Fitz had hallucinated his other self while committing the aforementioned deeds. In the end, Fitz successfully removes the inhibitor and restores Daisy's power, and was able to compress the Gravitonium. However, he cannot bring himself to face the others due to his actions. Deke attempts to comfort Simmons, while also revealing to her that he is her grandson. Meanwhile, Coulson and the others manage to lure Hale into a trap and capture her for interrogation, but she demands Coulson to accompany her back, along with Creel and Anton Ivanov who threaten to detonate explosives on the Zephyr. Coulson reluctantly agrees to go with them, in hope of learning what Hale knows about the imminent threat. Later, Hale speaks to her mysterious superior, who hands her a vial of odium and remind her of her Hydra allegiance.
    I really wish the people who write these wiki summaries would actually pay attention to the story. It is very obvious that Hale has a uneasy alliance with an alien probably a Kree (the odium is a big hint) as is the preview of a big alien space ship, this person is not necessarily her superior but a potential ally in a greater scheme.

Luv'ed the scene between Deke and Jemma.

Overall a kinda difficult episode with several folks at various critical stages in their storylines.

I do wonder if this storyline is an introduction to Avengers: Infinity War?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-24-2018 at 08:05 PM.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Re your highlight...also the literal writing on the wall behind her - definitely alien. But, what about her "Hail Hydra" and, in the preview Coulson commenting that they would be teaming with Hydra to fight a greater enemy.

Emma throwing up when she realizes Deke is her grandson was priceless. Either she is pregnant with his mother or she just knocked her head against a time warp continuum where a paradox occurred.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Re your highlight...also the literal writing on the wall behind her - definitely alien. But, what about her "Hail Hydra" and, in the preview Coulson commenting that they would be teaming with Hydra to fight a greater enemy.
    Hale as a representative of HYDRA was in negotiations with the alien probably also thinking that in the future HYDRA would be speaking for Earth.

Emma throwing up when she realizes Deke is her grandson was priceless. Either she is pregnant with his mother or she just knocked her head against a time warp continuum where a paradox occurred.
    Agree it was priceless.

Season 5 Episode 15 - "Rise and Shine" - March 30, 2018

28 years ago, a young Hale is assigned by Daniel Whitehall to infiltrate the U.S. Air Force, as well as being impregnated with Ruby via in vitro fertilization as Hydra's next leader. In the present, Hale attempts to convince a recently awakened Talbot to hand over confiscated Hydra contraband and has Ruby interrogate him when he refused to cooperate. She also reveals to Coulson that Hydra had made contact with an alien alliance called the Confederacy, warning of an impending invasion, but Coulson fears Earth becoming enslaved as the price of their help. When Hale reveals her plans to use an old machine of Whitehall's combined with gravitonium and Daisy's powers to create a Destroyer of Worlds, Coulson reveals his trip to the future but she doesn't believe him. Meanwhile, Daisy has been left as de facto head of S.H.I.E.L.D. but refuses to trust Fitz to help and instead goes to find Robin for help in finding Coulson. Simmons later visits Fitz and reveals their relation to Deke.
    What I really liked about this episode and what this series does so well is put together all the pieces we have been seeing since the season started and not quite sure what they are or what events are about or leading to.

I find it hilarious that while General Hale believes in aliens and has the technology to communicate with them, and wants to create a super empowered human, she thinks time travel is a story Phil Coulson made up so he won't cooperate.

Ruby vs Daisy ... Destroyer of Worlds ... one stable, one not ... one jealous, one doesn't even know the other exists.

Fitz doesn't like Deke ... ha ha

At least evil Fitz now knows he and Gemma have to get together at some point. At least he didn't throw up.

The fill in was interesting, I guess. What was interesting is that they showed a Hydra training facility/school for children born into the organization. A few familiar names..
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

At least evil Fitz now knows he and Gemma have to get together at some point. At least he didn't throw up.

The fill in was interesting, I guess. What was interesting is that they showed a Hydra training facility/school for children born into the organization. A few familiar names..
    Young Hale was pissed off that after all her work and that she was the best student they basically wanted her for her womb. Amazed she didn't kill them all when they told her that.
    Arielflies and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Season 5 Episode 16 - "Inside Voices" - April 6, 2018

Hale attempts to use Creel as a test subject for the particle-infusion chamber, infuriating Ruby who continues to conspire with Strucker in hope of earning her place as the Destroyer of Worlds. Creel's temporary exposure to the Gravitonium causes him to see memories of Franklin Hall. He determines to get answers from Coulson, who then leads him to Talbot's cell. Hale sends Ruby to capture Creel and eliminate the other two, but they use the Confederacy's teleportation device to escape to a snowy mountain area, while Creel remains behind to fight Ruby. Johnson and May locate Robin, who has stopped drawing her visions for some times after seeing her own death in the future. Upon seeing May, Robin begins to draw again, this time showing Coulson and Talbot's location. Back at the Lighthouse, Simmons convinces Yo-Yo to help her free Fitz in order to pursue possible leads on Hydra's Gravitonium-powered weapon. Together, they trick Mack into releasing Fitz then lock him up. A flashback to four years ago reveals that Ian Quinn was tricked by Raina into being absorbed by the Gravitonium.
    The show always delivers excellent bits within an episode and overall all the bits were all good in this episode you can feel all the puzzle pieces coming together.

Jemma and Yo Yo working together.

The gun going off ... whoo hoo theories of invincibility.

Luv'ed it when Jemma told Fitz about Deke being his grandson. Deke facing grandpappy, priceless.

Creel, Coulson and Talbot too funny.

Luv'ed, luv'ed the Raina flashback.

Luv this show.
    Arielflies likes this.

Me, too. It is finally pulling together the pieces for this season. It started last week with Hale's backstory. I was shocked that Raina tricked Quinn ( who loved his gravitonium) into being its prisoner/culprit. Just deserts for a weak dictator wannabe.

Psycho Ruby is really getting on my nerves. How in the world does she expect to be a destroyer of worlds without the inhuman power to rip plates apart? Weird. Just psycho.

Season 5 Episode 17 - "The Honeymoon" - April 13, 2018

Ruby pursues Coulson and Talbot at the mountains, but Johnson arrives in time to save them. Deke, in an attempt to cover for Johnson, is shot by Hale and her men, forcing S.H.I.E.L.D. to retreat. Deke is taken back to the Lighthouse, where Mack and Piper operate on him and successfully save him. Ruby, furious about her mother's attitude, decides to rebel and lock Hale in her cell, while she takes over and works with Strucker. Fitz, Simmons and Yo-Yo travel to a Hydra facility in England, where they find the particle infusion chamber. Fitz damages one of the components to render it useless, but they are then surrounded by the robot soldiers. Yo-Yo attempts to escape and call for backup, but is forced to fight Ivanov. As she emerges victorious, she learns that Ivanov's body is linked to all the robots, thus is able to disable them altogether. However, Ruby and Strucker arrive and decide to capture Fitz and Simmons in order to have them repair the infusion chamber. Johnson later attempts to help Talbot contact his family, but in the middle of his phone call with his wife, he realizes that Hale's subordinate has already gotten to her.
    Lots and lots of stuff happening, loose ends being tied up. I do wonder what powers Ruby will end up having? Me thinks it will be the battle between Ruby and Quake that is destined to crack the world.

Five more episodes to the finale, why do I keep thinking the Ghost Rider will show up?

+ Reply to Thread